Experts: TryME - page 3

Kinda funny, nufan just expressed interest in your EA

and my old name used to be newboy -

Yeah, that EA of yours would be of interest to us in any capacity;

I hope I am in the right spot at the right time to hear of its 'launch' - yobwen

Automated-Trading:

TryME:

Author: Antonis Michos

Hi Antonis, just been testing your system a bit more and I have a couple of questions...not sure you will be able to answer but:

1) does the "real" leverage on trades affect the profitability?
2) have you identified any pairs that provide "better" profitability?
3) is there a recommended minimum account size? I notice that on a $250 account the DD goes up to 46% and could obviously go further.
4) is there a catastrophic SL?

Thanks for sharing your system and hope to keep you all informed of my progress both with your EA and the one I am working on.

Bryan  

Just done some testing on different pairs and had my "account" blown - no catastrophic stop loss - EA kept adding positions until there was nothing left and kept racking up negative until zero - started with $2500. So you might need some VERY deep pockets to run this one in a live account... 

So Antonis - my vote is that this needs some sort of protection built in to stop it running away.

yobwen:

Kinda funny, nufan just expressed interest in your EA

and my old name used to be newboy -

Yeah, that EA of yours would be of interest to us in any capacity;

I hope I am in the right spot at the right time to hear of its 'launch' - yobwen

I am now trying on different brokers and getting variable results. Seems that different lot_step size affects the EA negatively as does the account type (commissions, etc.), and margin rate. My broker offers 1:400 and lot_step 0.01 with no commission (micro account and they get the spread + any rollover interest).

One broker the EA made a sell trade and closed at lower price but got a loss? Have asked them for "please explain" but it could be something in my EA. see attached.

I'm a scrappy coder but would be happy to provide my code on a person-to-person basis and am sure it could use some refining. My reluctance is due to not wanting to put something up and have it turn out to be useless - backtesting can only tell you so much.

Files: