push notification not working

Is there a problem with android app mt4 and mt5 with push notifications? I will only receive the notifications when i open the app. Anyone having problems?

Fadli_903:
Is there a problem with android app mt4 and mt5 with push notifications? I will only receive the notifications when i open the app. Anyone having problems?
yes me too.. this happened quite recently after i switch to samsung note 8.. any ideas why?

I have not been getting updates since beginning of the year. Sometimes the notification will appear as alert but does not appear on the message .

I am using iPhone. Not sure if they can fix this bug or I will have to code telegram alerts

Let me know if someone finds the fix.

Eric Oh:

I have not been getting updates since beginning of the year. Sometimes the notification will appear as alert but does not appear on the message .

I am using iPhone. Not sure if they can fix this bug or I will have to code telegram alerts

Same problem...

Me too. Irregular notification.

Hello. I am looking for solution on how to be able to receive my manually set price alert via push notifications even when I turn of my computer.
Today I rented VPS from MQL5 with hopes that I will be able to receive push notifications when I turn off my computer.
But after migrating the data (I do not know what data it migrate). I still stop receiving notifications as soon as I turn off MT4 in my computer.
For info, I do not use any EA/Signals/Indicator. I trade manually. I just need the price alert that I had already set earlier to be sent to me when current price reach it.
HELP ME PLEASEEEE

Timothy Thomas:
Hello. I am looking for solution on how to be able to receive my manually set price alert via push notifications even when I turn of my computer.
Today I rented VPS from MQL5 with hopes that I will be able to receive push notifications when I turn off my computer.
But after migrating the data (I do not know what data it migrate). I still stop receiving notifications as soon as I turn off MT4 in my computer.
For info, I do not use any EA/Signals/Indicator. I trade manually. I just need the price alert that I had already set earlier to be sent to me when current price reach it.
HELP ME PLEASEEEE

I remember - some people complained about the same (could not find the thread/post now sorry).

It may be the following problems:

• using dll (dll calling/trying to call/any) is prohibited on MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5;
  • and some external files using.

(64-bit MT5 and 32-bit MT4 to use Virtual Hosting)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS and txt

Slava , 2019.02.13 15:52

To transfer a file to a hosting server (as well as a tester agent), you need to use the directive

#property tester_file "<file_name>"

------------

Because I know that in-built trailing stop (in-built in Metatrader) will not work on VPS ... so ... if you are using some alert tools  - look at my information above ... otherwise - I do not know sorry ...

I thought this MQL VPS is the same as having a 24 hour internet connected computer where I can put in my MT4 software complete with my existing settings and runs it all the time.
With this push notifications will also be Up and Running all the time.

Timothy Thomas:
I thought this MQL VPS is the same as having a 24 hour internet connected computer where I can put in my MT4 software complete with my existing settings and runs it all the time.
With this push notifications will also be Up and Running all the time.

to make in shorter:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/289348 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).

---------------

MQL5 VPS
MQL5 VPS
  • www.mql5.com
VPS issue - After syncing local MT4 terminal with VPS MT4 terminal: On my PC/Laptop the MT4 terminal change the status of the EA that was running...

Sergey Golubev:

to make in shorter:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/289348 

Thanks for the detail replies. But I did not run any EA. The sole purpose of me taking VPS is so that my price alarm function is running 24/7 and I am able to access the same platform with the same settings in different computers.
Reason: