Experts: Catching Gaps

Catching Gaps:

Hello everyone, this is my first contribution to this lovely place. This expert advisor that catches the gaps. Really I like to thank this company for here efforts in making all these options and facilities that help the traders.

Author: Samir Ahmad

Soon I will post some graphs presenting the results of this expert, as everyone do.

And I am planning to upgrade this expert in many directions, like the cases of large gaps and small gaps, to move with the marked and to choose the proper time to send an order that catch the gap. I will explain it later in detail, when I will get enough time to do so.

Generally speaking, this expert is perfectly fits the high or big capital accounts, that he/she can depend only on the earning from the gaps.

I hope by God willing that we all will have this big capital,,,,,,

Samir......

And by the way, where is your comments or/and rating

:-)

Hi Samirmta,

Here are some comments for you....

Interesting idea. What time frame do you run it on? How often does it trade in a week?

Thanks

hi samir
i,m doing it as well cacthing the gaps on the eurusby ,any gap which is 1 and up low[1]>high[2] and going to the other way.with some filters :
1.volume, size of bar[1] if it's more then ~8 it's a news or big move.
2.range of trading :in order not to buy in the high point of the day/days, buy order has its limit point which is the highest point less ~20% same for sell.
3.tp not larger then 12.
4.no ts,sl need to find out the ratio of lot size and account size.
5.in order to make $ the ea has to buy/sell all the time.
and here is my problem on a back testing i'm making $ with 35% drowback which is fine but on a live account after the first order at the next one all the max order is done.
if you have any idea about it let me know.
david

matalon:
hi samir
i,m doing it as well cacthing the gaps on the eurusby ,any gap which is 1 and up low[1]>high[2] and going to the other way.with some filters :
1.volume, size of bar[1] if it's more then ~8 it's a news or big move.
2.range of trading :in order not to buy in the high point of the day/days, buy order has its limit point which is the highest point less ~20% same for sell.
3.tp not larger then 12.
4.no ts,sl need to find out the ratio of lot size and account size.
5.in order to make $ the ea has to buy/sell all the time.
and here is my problem on a back testing i'm making $ with 35% drowback which is fine but on a live account after the first order at the next one all the max order is done.
if you have any idea about it let me know.
david

Internesting, actually as i have said before in my comments, I am planning to make version two of this expert advisor but when I get some free time to do that. Thank you for the points to consider and still I have other points to consider as well.

About your problem, can you post the file (The expert advisor), and can you give more details about your problem,,,,,, and I will try my best to help you.

In general, I use my posted expert advisor when I am online, so if there is a gap, what ever it is small, the expert will catch it by God willing of course. But as known the frequency of gaps to happen is small, so this expert advisor is good for the big capital account.

Samir....

Very interesting idea.  Thanks for sharing Samir.

Gomelesose:
Hi Samirmta,

Here are some comments for you....

Interesting idea. What time frame do you run it on? How often does it trade in a week?

Thanks

You can run it on M5 or M15 timeframes, still I am trying to find time to make a full information for this expert and study the gaps more to post the results here.

The number of trades in a week, actually it depends on the gaps, as you may see that some weeks there is not gaps at all, and some weeks there are more than one gaps happens. so it depends of the gap frequency.........

Hi !

Let me try your EA

thank !

kouzin6:
Hi !

Let me try your EA

thank !

Hello;

Yea, try it as you like :-)

This period I am too busy, but after June I will start to upgrade this expert, because I am planning to use it with VPS (Versual Servers). Waiting for your comments. ......

I will post the new expert as soon as it will be available.

I also invite all the users who pass by to download this expert to post their comments, so I can add them to the new updated one, and finally post it in this forum to share it with you,,,,

Thank you in advance for your comments,,,,,

Samir.......

Nice EA, but I think it needs some development, and some search about the gaps thing, some statistics, like when they occur, how long they will take until they close?????

Reason: