Gann Grid & Fan

I've been trying to set up my Gann Grid and Fan for over a year now but I can not. I read articles on this forum but still without result. Someone who wants to help me with this? How many pips per bar? Set date? etc..

Try this, for intraday mostly. Put Fractals indicator and drag the fans (without changing their angles) to indicated tops and bottoms.

You may need to edit the first if's if your broker uses symbols like EURUSD.eur or WTI for Oil (LCrudeOil in my code).

Files:

kypa:

Try this, for intraday mostly. Put Fractals indicator and drag the fans (without changing their angles) to indicated tops and bottoms.

You may need to edit the first if's if your broker uses symbols like EURUSD.eur or WTI for Oil (LCrudeOil in my code).

No I mean the Gann indicator, Grid and Fan. How to set it up. I know how fractals work.

If you really want to know you need to read Gann's courses, there is a special one about angles. In short you must backtest angles in price per time (not in degrees) against historical prices. Whatever fits best will also fit the future.

There is no "Gann grid", MetaQuotes made it up.

Their Gann Fan tool is also not good, as it doesn't keep the angles on timeframe change. The Fibonacci fan tool with fixed settings does much better job.

The script I posted draws two Fibonacci fans with such settings for EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURJPY, Crude Oil and Gold.

You need to drag thus set fans to tops and bottoms in order to measure price action. And not just to major ones, but to the ones that start the moves. In order to see who they are you need to try all the tops and bottoms. And that's much easier with Fractals indicator.
Reason: