Signals - Reliability - page 2

Sergey Golubev:

I think - all those calculations and so on are made to protect potential subscribers from the actions made by the signal providers.

I mean - it is mathematically incorrect. A 1:50 signal will seem 10 times more loaded (and thus less reliable) than the same signal with the same trades and sizes, but with 1:500 leverage. It is simply not true.

Vladislav Petrov:
I mean - it is mathematically incorrect. A 1:50 signal will seem 10 times more loaded (and thus less reliable) than the same signal with the same trades and sizes, but with 1:500 leverage. It is simply not true.

So, write to the service desk and tell them about it:
they created int'l corporation with trading platforms, but you better know what to do with their properties, and what is correct one and what is not.
:)

Please could someone give a clear definition of a load ?

what is Max Load %

ffoorr:

Please could someone give a clear definition of a load ?

what is Max Load %

In general - read this page - The maximum deposit load
and related to the signals - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

What is "deposit load"?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.03.07 08:49

Is the percentage of capital that is used for margin during the opening of trades.

shoulder 1-50 is undoubtedly safer, but it still takes 1-100 to work.

Vladislav Petrov:
Using Max Deposit Load % in the Reliability formula calculation is wrong, since MDL% depends on the account leverage. Just because one uses the safer 1:50 and even small bet sizes can show high deposit load - this should not be a negative factor. Use the max DDown % instead.
Perfect. Have leverage what  is 1:50 and with DD 5%, but "Max Deposit Load" is 100%. It is error. 

Sergey Golubev:

Discussion about the signals is prohibited on the forum so I can only remind the following - 

From this thead: MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals Redefined - 

If discussion is prohibited how are traders new to signals (I am not new to trading) supposed to obtain answers to their questions relating to what to expect when trading signals?

For example, I signed-up to a subscription around 3 going on 4 days ago and had received nothing by way of contact from the trader whatsoever. - I could see their indexes and the past trades in MT4, the trader has 100% Algo, 100% reliability, <30% drawdown, other subscribers, etc. and I had signed-up for an account with the same brokerage as the trader in avoid to minimise slippage and missed trading positions ...yet it appeared that they could be bogus ...but as the forum appears to prevent me from asking about signals I have no way of knowing whether 3-4 days with no contact is normal; likewise whether there is something I need to be doing based on what I have access to (the charts with previous trading positions).

As it is I have just started to receive signals and they are being placed automatically via the trader's account; so hopefully this post will help other people who, like myself, have signed-up to a signal and who are currently wondering what they have done wrong and why nothing at all is happening even several days afterwards.

- John

QPuCoV9jqQepU4Xp:

If discussion is prohibited how are traders new to signals (I am not new to trading) supposed to obtain answers to their questions relating to what to expect when trading signals?

For example, I signed-up to a subscription around 3 days ago and have had no contact from the trader whatsoever. - I can see their indexes and the past trades in MT4, the trader has 100% Algo, 100% reliability, <30% drawdown, other subscribers, etc. yet it appears that they could be bogus ...but as the forum appears to prevent me from asking about signals I have no way of knowing whether 3-4 days with no contact is normal; likewise whether there is something I need to be doing based on what I have access to (the charts with previous trading positions).

- John

You can ask about subscribing procedure or settings, but not about specific signals.

If the signal provider doesn't reply to your messages nor help you, do you expect us to do so for another person's signal?

Does it sound logical?

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can ask about subscribing procedure or settings, but not about specific signals.

If the signal provider doesn't reply to your messages nor help you, do you expect us to do so for another person's signal?

Does it sound logical?

I would not expect you, or anyone else, to intervene in contacting a trader, - given their contact details I am quite capable of doing that myself, or of reporting them if I have good reason to think that there is a genuine problem with them or their trading practises; but I am glad to know that traders can ask about subscribing procedures or settings, - the experience for me (in making signals work) has been quite unpleasant, - and I appreciate your confirmation on this, - thanks.

The max load % seems to be misleading. For example, if a trader has a low leverage, say 1:50 then naturally they will require more margin ('i.e. "deposit load") to trade with a small account, this does not mean there is a higher risk, in fact its more likely to be a lower risk as the trader only has access to as big a lot size as their account allows them. Traders with small accounts and high leverage, say 1:500 are more likely to be using bigger lot whilst using far less margin (i.e. "deposit load") and actually represent a greater risk to the subscriber. A better way to evaluate this would be to take the size of the account as a factor when calculating deposit load.
Reason: