Cancel or stop VPS

Hi there,

Could someone explain to me what the difference is between stopping or cancelling a VPS server rented from MQL5? My purpose is the temporarily stop my VPS during the holidays at the end of this year. 

Regards,

Werner

I am not sure that I am right ... but I think that stop = pause

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS canceled

Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.09.21 17:53

If you cancelled it, you can't re-activate it.

You can only subscribe again.

For future reference, you can pause or move your VPS subscription.

Sergey Golubev:

I am not sure that I am right ... but I think that stop = pause

So by pausing it I need to click the "stop" button since there is no pauze button.

Thank you for your quick reply to my original question :-)

Werner Middelaer:

So by pausing it I need to click the "stop" button since there is no pauze button.

Thank you for your quick reply to my original question :-)

You need to confirm it with someone else, because I am not sure about it ...

Stop = Pause

Thank you for your reply Sir.

Hiram Eckstein:
Stop = Pause

Hi,

What is the "stop" VPS actually do?  Does it prolong the rental time till it stopped? OR does it stop working (same actually) as all the EAs in the VPS suppose not to work? Or cuts the connection to broker? What is it the stop do and how fast it activates / reactivates? Thing is I have stopped the VPS and my bot still worked ... 

Thank You! 

Lauri P:

Hi,

What is the "stop" VPS actually do?  Does it prolong the rental time till it stopped? OR does it stop working (same actually) as all the EAs in the VPS suppose not to work? Or cuts the connection to broker? What is it the stop do and how fast it activates / reactivates? Thing is I have stopped the VPS and my bot still worked ... 

Thank You! 

hello. I cancel it many time. The remain time will be added in a free trying service. So if you not use it do not pluse as the rent time we'll run continuous. Go stop and run again as free trying.. Chaiya

Chaiya Srisawat:
hello. I cancel it many time. The remain time will be added in a free trying service. So if you not use it do not pluse as the rent time we'll run continuous. Go stop and run again as free trying.. Chaiya

thnx, I want to stop my EAs from running and restarting. EA does not have timer nor that option. Seems by stopping VPS does not stop the EA!? Could the MQL5 VPS IT department fix that?! 

Lauri P:

thnx, I want to stop my EAs from running and restarting. EA does not have timer nor that option. Seems by stopping VPS does not stop the EA!? Could the MQL5 VPS IT department fix that?! 

MQL5 VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud.
If you want to attach some EA or de-attach EA (stop running) - do same on your computer and make a synchronization to send those changes to MQL5 VPS.

Reason: