Expert Advisors: MQL5 Wizard - Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average Indicator

MQL5 Wizard - Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average Indicator:

MQL5 Wizard allows to create the code of Expert Advisors automatically. See Creating Ready-Made Expert Advisors in MQL5 Wizard for the details.

Here we will consider the strategy based on price crossover with Moving Average indicator. The strategy called "Signals based on price crossover with MA" (when creating EA automatically in MQL5 Wizard).

The trade signals:

• Buy: upward crossover of price with Moving Average.
  • Sell: downward crossover of price with Moving Average.
  • The checking of MA increase/decrease is used to filter false signals.

Figure 1. Trade signals based on price crossover with Moving Average

Crossover with Moving Average

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

hello,

why when I use the EA it open immediately a position and not wait for the first crossover?

How can fix it?

I want wait first crossover to open a new position 

i have this error

'Inp_Signal_MA_Period' - can't convert enum crossoverMA.mq5

i have comment the line 67 and it s started.

Leny:

i have this error

'Inp_Signal_MA_Period' - can't convert enum crossoverMA.mq5

i have comment the line 67 and it s started.

You have to put this file SignalMA.mqh in this directory MQL5\Include\Expert\Signal\

I file with same name already exist here, you have to replace it.

TradingOnline:

hello,

why when I use the EA it open immediately a position and not wait for the first crossover?

How can fix it?

I want wait first crossover to open a new position 

This is probably how the author conceive this expert. You have several choice :

• Learn to code and study this EA to modify it.
  • Ask someone to do it for you.
  • Try to contact the author (here Metaquotes, so contact the Service Desk).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Press review

newdigital, 2014.06.05 09:41

USDCHF Breakout Hindered by 200-Day Moving Average (adapted from dailyfx article)

• The USDCHF break has run into the 200 Day Moving Average.
  • Potential buyers could enter upon a confirmed break above the 200 Day MA.

The 200-Day Simple Moving Average

The 200-Day Simple Moving Average is one of the most popular indicators in the world. When price breaks through a 200 MA on a daily chart, it can often be seen as a topic of conversation on financial news stations, websites and newspapers.
It is primarily used to give traders and investors an overall sense of how strong or weak a currency pair is.

Typically, when a currency pair’s price falls below the 200 Day MA, it is a sign of weakness with a potential for further price decline. And when a currency pair’s price breaks above the 200 Day MA, it is a sign of strength with a potential for further price increases.

The chart above shows the recent price action surrounding the 200 Day MA. We see a large run up in price breaking through multiple resistance levels until it met this powerful MA line. We have had 6 consecutive days where price has temporarily broke through the 200 Day MA or price has come within 10 pips of the line before retreating lower. So this level is acting as strong resistance.

If price were to remain below the MA, it could propel it lower back into the pair’s price channel. However, a breakout to the upside could add yet another reason to buy the USDCHF. Until we witness a larger price move, we are in a state of limbo.

Hello moderator,please i intend to use this EA and modify it so it can place trade and close trades . Please how do i contact the author of the EA Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average Indicator:

dextir Olayemi :

The EA code is open you can change it without problems, remains with the author's name in the EA.

Reason: