Willams %R Smoothing

Hi,

I would like to smooth the below Willams %R indicator with iMA function but I cannot do it in the expert. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks indeed.

AED.

w=iWPR(NULL,0,14,0);

aed71:

Hi,

I would like to smooth the below Willams %R indicator with iMA function but I cannot do it in the expert. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks indeed.

AED.

w=iWPR(NULL,0,14,0);

How have you tried to do it so far ?

RaptorUK:
How have you tried to do it so far ?

Hi Raptor,

Yes I did but I cannot be sure about it. I was using Metastock previously and I was doing it as below. I'm not familiar with writing indicator so I cannot see if it's right or wrong.

w=iWPR(NULL,0,14,0);   // 14 period Willams % R

sw=iMA(NULL,0,3,0,MODE_SMA,w,0);   // 3 period smoothed Willams % R

I would appreciate if you can comment on this.

Thanks

AED.

aed71:

Yes I did but I cannot be sure about it. I was using Metastock previously and I was doing it as below. I'm not familiar with writing indicator so I cannot see if it's right or wrong.

w=iWPR(NULL,0,14,0);   // 14 period Willams % R

sw=iMA(NULL,0,3,0,MODE_SMA,w,0);   // 3 period smoothed Willams % R

1. Same code in an indicator or in an EA. Put the values into an array and use iMAonArray.
  2. If you just want to see the MA on top of the indicator you can drag the moving average indicator to the wpr window and select price=previous indicator.

WHRoeder:
  1. Same code in an indicator or in an EA. Put the values into an array and use iMAonArray.
  2. If you just want to see the MA on top of the indicator you can drag the moving average indicator to the wpr window and select price=previous indicator.

Thanks WHRoeder,

I'm really very much surprised to see so many commands for MQL at the top of C. I didn't know iMAonArray.

I write the below code, would appreciate if you can check it. sw0,sw1 and sw2 are my variables to play with during TA, crossing some values etc.

I tired to drag the moving average indicator to the wpr but couldn't succeeded yet :-)

void Smoothed()
   {
   int i;
   double myarray[20];
   double sw0,sw1,sw2;

for(i=0;i<10;i++) myarray[i]=iWPR(NULL,0,14,i);    // take the willams % r to array

// Smoothing with 5 period moving avarage with SMA

sw0=iMAOnArray(myarray,0,5,0,MODE_SMA,0);         // smoothed willams % R 0th index
   sw1=iMAOnArray(myarray,0,5,0,MODE_SMA,1);         // smoothed willams % R 1st index
   sw2=iMAOnArray(myarray,0,5,0,MODE_SMA,2);         // smoothed willams % R 2nd index

}

Hi WHRoeder,

I've put the code using SRC, sorry for that.

I traced the code and I saw that if I take 2nd parameter of iMAOnArray function (the total parameter) as zero or Bars, it gives zero to the variables sw0,sw1,sw2. When I put 5 it gives some values more logically but I cannot trace it by comparing the chart.

Could you please comment if I'm using the iMAOnArray function wrong? And I would also appreciate if you can elaborate how can I put moving average on top of Willams%R indicator on chart? It would help me to trace my results.

Thanks

AED.

aed71:
I traced the code and I saw that if I take 2nd parameter of iMAOnArray function (the total parameter) as zero or Bars, it gives zero to the variables sw0,sw1,sw2. When I put 5 it gives some values more logically but I cannot trace it by comparing the chart.

Could you please comment if I'm using the iMAOnArray function wrong? And I would also appreciate if you can elaborate how can I put moving average on top of Willams%R indicator on chart? It would help me to trace my results.

double myarray[20];
 for(i=0;i<10;i++) myarray[i]=iWPR(NULL,0,14,i)
Maybe you should fill in the entire array!

WHRoeder:
Maybe you should fill in the entire array!

Yes, good point. I have tested recently it but it's the same.

Could you please help me to put moving average at the top of willams %R on the chart? I couldn't succeeded, any documentation, video on that? I can verify my results only by comparing with the chart indicator.

Thanks in advance

Reason: