Metatrader 4 on Windows 10 64bit

I`ve a strange issue, just installed MT4 on 64bit Windows 10 and MT4 won`t start. I see the terminal .exe process in the task manager only for a few seconds, but no UI is coming up!

It's probably updating please give it a minute or two.

Unfortunately not, I can see the terminal.exe only for 2 seconds in the task manager and then it disappears. In the profile directory is usually a sub dir (e.g. AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F762D69EEEA9B4430D7F17C82167C844) created for the terminal, but not for me.

Okay and what does the event viewer log say  ?

I don`t get a UI and tehrefore I don`t have a log file anyway. The log file is written in the Data Directory, right?

AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\

My Terminal directory is empty.

No you can look in windows EVNTVWR that is the operating systems log file and it has to mention that you tried to start the application and a possible error code why it went wrong.

Here I see this message in the windows log viewer:

The description for the event ID "0" from the source "WebExService" was not found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on the local computer, or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event occurred on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was saved with the event:

CWebExService :: control_handler :: Interrogate service

Tobias Wolf:

Here I see this message in the windows log viewer:

Please post in English in the forum.

I have used the site's translation function to translate your post.

Yes...ok...thanks

But is this message usfully? To me it doesn't say anything....

The system message entry should involve terminal.exe

As well as an error code.

Reason: