EA makes double orders on VPS

I have a new VPS with about 20 EA's on it. I am at IC Markets. I loaded the EA's first and then bought the VPS service on MT4 platform.

Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can fix this?

Thank you for your help. :)

colinbrazendale:

I have a new VPS with about 20 EA's on it. I am at IC Markets. I loaded the EA's first and then bought the VPS service on MT4 platform.

Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can fix this?

Thank you for your help. :)

After you synchronize your EA with your VPS, you don't need to click the auto trading button on the MT4 platform again, because you will end up trading twice, once on your VPS (as you should) and once locally on your MT4 platform.

So, after the VPS synchronization, leave the auto trading button unticked.

Eleni Anna Branou:

After you synchronize your EA with your VPS, you don't need to click the auto trading button on the MT4 platform again, because you will end up trading twice, once on your VPS (as you should) and once locally on your MT4 platform.

So, after the VPS synchronization, leave the auto trading button unticked.

Thank you Eleni.

So at the moment, I am trading locally and on VPS, because I clicked auto trading again.

How can I fix this error I made?

After you synchronize your EA dont activate your auto trading on your local terminal

yes the green auto trade button should go  red once you sync otherwise the platform AND the VPN will do a trade

Genesis Hafalla:
After you synchronize your EA dont activate your auto trading on your local terminal

Thank you Genesis.

I did not think it is as easy as that. :)

Hello,

Is it possible the EA to be paused, when I have open MT4 with Auto Trading OFF, but I'm subscirbed to Virtual Server (VPS)?

The reason that I am asking is because my EA has not opened any new trades more than 24 hours and I have MT4 opened with Auto Trading OFF.

Thanks.

RON7N:

Hello,

Is it possible the EA to be paused, when I have open MT4 with Auto Trading OFF, but I'm subscirbed to Virtual Server (VPS)?

The reason that I am asking is because my EA has not opened any new trades more than 24 hours and I have MT4 opened with Auto Trading OFF.

Thanks.

If you have MQL5 VPS with EA attached to the chart (and you migrated it by synchronization) so your EA should work on VPS.
EA will not work on VPS if EA is using dll ...

If you switched autotrading ON in your local Metatrader so you may have double trades: from local Metatrader and from VPS too ...

Warning MT4 VPS still places double orders randomly. Identical lots and a millesecond apart. This can lead to serious losses and margin calls if you only plan for one lot size to be running. BTW auto trading was not on and EA was running purely on VPS.

Dino Beachside:
Warning MT4 server still places double orders randomly. Identical lots and a millesecond apart. this can lead to serious losses and margin calls if you pnly plan for one lot size to be running.

Nothing its done by itself and without a reason, when you use MQL5 VPS you DO NOT click the Auto (Algo) Trading button, locally in your PC MT4/5 terminal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Nothing its done by itself and without a reason, when you use MQL5 VPS you DO NOT click the Auto (Algo) Trading button, locally in your PC MT4/5 terminal.

I didn't have MT4 running on my PC. I noticed it on my phone app, twin trades open. 

Reason: