Integration of cryptocurrency exchanges into MetaTrader 4/5?

Hi guys,

First, thanks for making this forum so lively, it looks like a gold mine full of information for MetaTrader new starters! This is my first post, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

I have been doing "manual" trading for some years (mainly cryptos lately), and I feel like I need a more powerful tool than just Excel and VBA to get the most out of my trading.

I wanted to start using MetaTrader to trade cryptocurrencies on pure-play crypto exhanges (e.g. Kraken, Binance) but I am surprised to realised that it doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

Currently, the only way to trade cryptos with MetaTrader seems to be with traditional brokers which offer CFD on the largest cryptos and only fiat/crypto pairs (e.g. impossible to trade crypto/crypto).

I contacted both Kraken and Binance and got an answer from Kraken putting the ball in MetaQuote camp. I have contacted MetaQuote support separably but wanted to check with you if anyone is already using MetaTrader to trade on crypto exchanges and how did they manage to do that.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

3.1415-R: First, thanks for making this forum so lively, it looks like a gold mine full of information for MetaTrader new starters! This is my first post, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

I have been doing "manual" trading for some years (mainly cryptos lately), and I feel like I need a more powerful tool than just Excel and VBA to get the most out of my trading.

I wanted to start using MetaTrader to trade cryptocurrencies on pure-play crypto exhanges (e.g. Kraken, Binance) but I am surprised to realised that it doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

Currently, the only way to trade cryptos with MetaTrader seems to be with traditional brokers which offer CFD on the largest cryptos and only fiat/crypto pairs (e.g. impossible to trade crypto/crypto).

I contacted both Kraken and Binance and got an answer from Kraken putting the ball in MetaQuote camp. I have contacted MetaQuote support separably but wanted to check with you if anyone is already using MetaTrader to trade on crypto exchanges and how did they manage to do that.

Several brokers offer Cryptocurrencies (not via CFDs) for MetaTrader. Some even allow you to make deposits (and withdraw) and have your capital balance in a Cryptocurrency.

You will however just have to search for them via Google or your favourite search engine, because forum rules dictate that we cannot recommend or discuss specific brokers here.

Fernando Carreiro:

Several brokers offer Cryptocurrencies (not via CFDs) for MetaTrader. Some even allow you to make deposits (and withdraw) and have your capital balance in a Cryptocurrency.

You will however just have to search for them via Google or your favourite search engine, because forum rules dictate that we cannot recommend or discuss specific brokers here.

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your answer. I had a good look at what is available in term of traditional FX brokers offering both cryptocurrencies and MT4, but I am really not convinced. A few allows you to deposit and have your balance in cryptocurrencies indeed, but:

- The pairs available are really limited, especially when it comes to crypto/crypto

- The spread / fees are really prohibited compare to pure-play crypto exchanges

- Some do not offers 24/7 trading

- Several looks like scam brokers (one based in Bulgaria has completely disappeared while he was looking like one of the biggest one in some earlier reviews)

I understand form the rules of the Forum Rules that only negative discussions about brokers is not allowed, but if you know a few decent names (without that being a recommendation of course), I would be glad to hear.

But what would be the best for me is if someone actually managed to connect one of the major pure crypto exchange to MT4. Anyone?

Hello Pi,

although it is a year later now, i give it a try and ask here, if you found a solution to this problem. I also would like to connect MT4 or 5 to kraken, but it seems still not possible. Any hints?

Regards...

Sebastian:

Hello Pi,

although it is a year later now, i give it a try and ask here, if you found a solution to this problem. I also would like to connect MT4 or 5 to kraken, but it seems still not possible. Any hints?

Regards...

I found a solution on youtube called cryptobridgepro and most exchanges are supported. I am not sure about Kraken but if other exchanges are working, then Kraken could be supported too. 

torytory:

I found a solution on youtube called cryptobridgepro and most exchanges are supported. I am not sure about Kraken but if other exchanges are working, then Kraken could be supported too. 

Wondering how this has worked for you. Are you still using it?

Hi guys, any idea how to contact anyone from MT to ask them to get in touch with Kraken so i can connect my Kraken account to MT5 ... what a nightmare
Reason: