Difference between brokers and EAs. - page 2

Hesham Ahmed Kamal Barakat:

Are all brokers different? Or say there is two kinds or three kinds of broker's system? Or just about every broker have different system?

Also how can notmal joe protect himself from fraud this way, if every broker can have his own system and play with all aspects?

I know a close person who just lost 200k US because <...> kept going against all his trades and made him lose all his money in a matrer of one day an a half!

Discussion about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.

----------------

As far as I know - many traders are selecting the broker based on the quality of the data/quotes.

---------------- 

The coders are coding EAs based on trading ideas. There are raw trading ideas and developed trading ideas.

• Raw trading ideas: you/I attached indicators to the chart and see that it is good.
  • Developed trading ideas: you/I attached indicators to the chart and start to trade using those indicators from several days to few months in order to developed the rules for the trading system, stop loss levels, to know when this system may lose money and why, and so on.

----------------

If you have some EA so you can optimize it with different brokers/accounts to create the settings for every broker (in case you have several trading accounts), for example - look at this post about what I did when someone created EA for me and uploaded this EA directly to the thread by source code: post

PriceChannel Parabolic system
PriceChannel Parabolic system
  • www.mql5.com
Some people asked me on the other forums about re-enter. But I am not using any indicator for re-enter...

Great,, will read that in details.

Now from a coder point of view. Is there a way to know which Broker the EA is attached to, meaning any code snipit for that?
How can you differentiate between brokers in code? Any method call?

Hesham Ahmed Kamal Barakat:
Great,, will read that in details.

Now from a coder point of view. Is there a way to know which Broker the EA is attached to, meaning any code snipit for that?
How can you differentiate between brokers in code? Any method call?
You mean: create the limitation for the EA to work on some specific broker?
There are some acticles for that ... by the way - I am not a coder so you should wait for the coder(s) to reply for example.

Alright,
Hopefully a coder comes by :)

Thanks for your help.

the client can set or use an EA, likewise the broker can set on the server side. That makes same EA get different treatment. 
Reason: