EA Random and martingale. How to break the sequences of consecutive LOSSES

Hello,

I created an EA that basically opens positions (in an alternate way (LONG & SHORT) with a Martingale behaviour. The problem is when, for all crosses in which the EA is applied there is a movement due to for example the increase of USD price). All EA open the last step of martingale and take LOSS, reverse direction, takes 1/2 steps, reach the profit foreseen and then reverse again itself only for taking another complete LOSS using all steps.

How to break this behaviour and in such a way to avoid these long series of losses for each sequence ? (0.01,0.02,0.04,0.08) ?

Thanks

Do not double post.

I have deleted your other topic.

Francesco Fava: I created an EA that basically opens positions (in an alternate way (LONG & SHORT) with a Martingale behaviour. The problem is when, for all crosses in which the EA is applied there is a movement due to for example the increase of USD price). All EA open the last step of martingale and take LOSS, reverse direction, takes 1/2 steps, reach the profit foreseen and then reverse again itself only for taking another complete LOSS using all steps.

How to break this behaviour and in such a way to avoid these long series of losses for each sequence ? (0.01,0.02,0.04,0.08) ?

No, there is no solution for that. That is why any kind of Martingale/Grid/Hedge type of strategy is doomed to fail and blow up your account.

This is not opinion, but fact (mathematical fact), that has been shown and proven, over and over again, on many threads here on the forum as well as on other sites.

Don't waste your time with such strategies. Don't delude yourself. Discipline yourself and concentrate on those strategies that have a statistical edge and higher probability of success.

Fernando Carreiro:

No, there is no solution for that. That is why any kind of Martingale/Grid/Hedge type of strategy is doomed to fail and blow up your account.

This is not opinion, but fact (mathematical fact), that has been shown and proven, over and over again, on many threads here on the forum as well as on other sites.

Don't waist your time with such strategies. Don't delude yourself. Discipline yourself and concentrate on those strategies that have a statistical edge and higher probability of success.

Which are ? Indicators or fundamental analysis don't work. Indicators don't work because they indicate what you want to see. Any kind of indicator shows different info depending on which parameters is set. Take for example moving average. It indicates different values depending on how many periods are considered 

Sorry Fernando, I accidentally deleted your post. I have pasted it here
Francesco Fava:
Which are ? Indicators or fundamental analysis don't work. Indicators don't work because they indicate what you want to see. Any kind of indicator shows different info depending on which parameters is set. Take for example moving average. It indicates different values depending on how many periods are considered 

Indicators do work. They are tools and like any tool you need to have the skills to know how to use them properly. Those skills take time to learn and perfect.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Strategies for simple EAs

Fernando Carreiro, 2018.09.10 00:28

You have to first learn about trading and practice manually until you understand how it all works. It is like any other profession, you need to study, gain experience and develop your skills.

Also, just like any other profession, it will take years. So don't think that you will just get it in a few days or weeks or even months. It takes years of research and development of ones skills and abilities to trade profitably, even if you are translating it in to code to do it for you. In fact, I would say that coders actually have to work twice as hard as you will need to translate all the "human" nuances and skills into code which can be very difficult.

So, start reading books, or reading up on information available on sites such as at BabyPips or Investopedia. Practice manual trading on a demo account and evolve onto a cent account and later on a full account with real money at stake. As you progress you can develop your EA code to accompany the level of knowledge and experience you gain.

It is a long road. There is no easy money in trading. It is just as difficult (if not more) than any other profession, be it being a engineer, a doctor, a carpenter or a mechanic.

Don't fall for the dreamy illusion of getting rich quick. That is just not the case. It will require dedication and commitment.

Don't speak about martingale. Besides martingale, how to break these negative series ? 

Francesco Fava ... how to break negative series.... who shall tell you this for free, same question like... who can tell me how can I play to Real Madrid ? Go away dude

Delete your account and do something interesting

Martingale is a losing approach if you just think the market is bound to give you a big winner before you blow your account. This well known from lots of experience by many traders. This has been shared on threads here and everywhere else that discusses Forex.

However, you can break a series of losing trades by changing your trading or the use of your indicators.  How depends on your trading style, for example using a longer timeframe could help a lot.  

Another approach is to stop trading after two losing trades in a whipsaw situation.  In an EA you can use a SLEEP function to stop trading for XX minutes, bars, or whatever.  You can also use a manual pause button on the chart if you commission a custom EA from someone (not me.)

It is not just your Martingale function that isn't working. Your trading strategy is not working.

Francesco Fava:

Hello,

I created an EA that basically opens positions (in an alternate way (LONG & SHORT) with a Martingale behaviour. The problem is when, for all crosses in which the EA is applied there is a movement due to for example the increase of USD price). All EA open the last step of martingale and take LOSS, reverse direction, takes 1/2 steps, reach the profit foreseen and then reverse again itself only for taking another complete LOSS using all steps.

Thanks

Get out of the 0.01 before price reaches the 0.08 ?

Francesco Fava:

Hello,

Thanks

Just predict the real trend so you won't get stuck. ;)

Reason: