Strategies for simple EAs

Hi
I am amateur programmer in MQL5 and want to make an EA which can potentially profit in markets. How do you come up with strategy/trading ideas? Which strategy type do you suggest for begginer to try out? For example, some kind of breakouts or moving average crosses? Any advice? 

gatiszzz:I am amateur programmer in MQL5 and want to make an EA which can potentially profit in markets. How do you come up with strategy/trading ideas? Which strategy type do you suggest for begginer to try out? For example, some kind of breakouts or moving average crosses? Any advice? 

You have to first learn about trading and practice manually until you understand how it all works. It is like any other profession, you need to study, gain experience and develop your skills.

Also, just like any other profession, it will take years. So don't think that you will just get it in a few days or weeks or even months. It takes years of research and development of ones skills and abilities to trade profitably, even if you are translating it in to code to do it for you. In fact, I would say that coders actually have to work twice as hard as you will need to translate all the "human" nuances and skills into code which can be very difficult.

So, start reading books, or reading up on information available on sites such as at BabyPips or Investopedia. Practice manual trading on a demo account and evolve onto a cent account and later on a full account with real money at stake. As you progress you can develop your EA code to accompany the level of knowledge and experience you gain.

It is a long road. There is no easy money in trading. It is just as difficult (if not more) than any other profession, be it being a engineer, a doctor, a carpenter or a mechanic.

Don't fall for the dreamy illusion of getting rich quick. That is just not the case. It will require dedication and commitment.

gatiszzz:
Hi
I am amateur programmer in MQL5 and want to make an EA which can potentially profit in markets. How do you come up with strategy/trading ideas? Which strategy type do you suggest for begginer to try out? For example, some kind of breakouts or moving average crosses? Any advice? 

Do not double post.

I have deleted your other topic

gatiszzz:
Hi

Many amateurs don't know exactly what "Expert Advisor" really mean. It means "Robot".

You, trader, are the one who will teach your Robot to do things for you. How do you expect to teach a robot if you don't know how to trade?

Before you start in this long journey of pure knowledge, ask yourself this first simple question: Do you have the time for that?

If your purpose right now is to make money as quick as possible you will fail miserably...

;)

Reason: