Trade Symbols - page 3

Jeff:
When I set up a template, I make sure before I save it for future use, I go to "Object List" and "Delete All".  Then I move my "Chart Shift" to the right as far as it goes, then I save my template.  This way, when I use the template again, perhaps on another pair, it is pure, and undefiled until trades are made.  &*^(&$^#&%$^%(%(^%&$&(*  So Frustrating!
There is no "Delete All". You have to first click "List All" and then select all the objects and hit "Delete", otherwise all the trading graphics will still be there!

Fernando Carreiro:
There is no "Delete All". You have to first click "List All" and then select all the objects and hit "Delete", otherwise all the trading graphics will still be there!
Are you referring to the MT5 Pro Hedged Platform?

Jeff: Are you referring to the MT5 Pro Hedged Platform?

MT5 is MT5 whether is is Hedging on Netting! It makes no difference! But the same applies to MT4 as well!

EDIT: OK, I see now you are referring to the Menu options and not to the Chart right-click "Object List" (or Ctrl-B).

So use Ctrl-B or on the Menu use "Charts->Objects-Object List" and then use the "List All" and the select them all (Ctrl-A) and then click "Delete".

PS! Maybe "Delete All" from the menu already does that, but since I have never used it from the menu, I don't know if its the same!

Fernando Carreiro:

MT5 is MT5 whether is is Hedging on Netting! It makes no difference! But the same applies to MT4 as well!

EDIT: OK, I see now you are referring to the Menu options and not to the Chart right-click "Object List" (or Ctrl-B).

So use Ctrl-B or on the Menu use "Charts->Objects-Object List" and then use the "List All" and the select them all (Ctrl-A) and then click "Delete".

PS! Maybe "Delete All" from the menu already does that, but since I have never used it from the menu, I don't know if its the same!

MT5 under the menu does not have "List all" but it does have "Delete All" and when I select "Delete All" everything deletes but returns once trades are executed.  By the way, if you are on the MT4 Platform, you should try the MT5.  I found it to be far better than MT4 even though I am having this issue.

Jeff: MT5 under the menu does not have "List all" but it does have "Delete All" and when I select "Delete All" everything deletes but returns once trades are executed.  By the way, if you are on the MT4 Platform, you should try the MT5.  I found it to be far better than MT4 even though I am having this issue.

I was not referring to MT4. I specifically answered your question presuming MT5 as I use it too. I just mentioned MT4 because what I described applies to both.

However, it is still uncertain why the trade graphics are being transferred to other charts if you are indeed deleting them before you save the template.

There must be other steps in there that you have not mentioned that could be the cause for your trouble with the graphic objects appearing on the other charts as well.

Are you running an EA on the primary chart? Could it be the cause? Could it be saving to the default template without your knowledge?

Reason: