how to test a trend line EA with manual drawn trend lines?

How to draw a trend line in the visual chart in the strategy tester? everytime I hit start in the tester, a new chart opens and I am not able to use the drawn trend lines. any help?

Moh Sanoon: How to draw a trend line in the visual chart in the strategy tester

Yes, what was quite easy to do in MT4, namely to manually place Graphical Objects on the Visual Test Chart, is sadly now not available in MT5. At least, I have not found a way, except via code (or via loading of templates)!

Maybe someone else knows of a way to "activate" it again in MT5.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, what was quite easy to do in MT4, namely to manually place Graphical Objects on the Visual Test Chart, is sadly now not available in MT5. At least, I have not found a way, except via code (or via loading of templates)!

Maybe someone else knows of a way to "activate" it again in MT5.

I am able to draw trend lines, but when I hit start, a new chart opens instead. I use MT4. how do you use the same chart that stop the tester from opening a new chart?

Moh Sanoon: I am able to draw trend lines, but when I hit start, a new chart opens instead. I use MT4. how do you use the same chart that stop the tester from opening a new chart?

In MT4, there is no problem and you can "draw" on the Visual Test chart. Obviously, you must wait for the Visual Test Chart to open during the beginning of the test. Only then can you draw on it. Editing that chart after the test is completed has no effect.

Alternatively, if you want it to start off with predefined Graphical Objects that you have set up on a clean chart, then first save that as the template to be used by that EA. Just save the template with the same name as the EA, and it will be loaded automatically when the EA testing is started.

Moh Sanoon:
How to draw a trend line in the visual chart in the strategy tester? everytime I hit start in the tester, a new chart opens and I am not able to use the drawn trend lines. any help?

Hy Moh ,

I'm also looking for a solution.

Can you to solved?

Reason: