Trade history on charts slowing down MT4 Lag

I have an EA that has opened a few thousands trade per month, i noticed now my mt4 has started lagging, i assume its because of all the tradehistory kept on the chart entry exit  i have a lot of visual arrows.

How do i clear this clutter so that my mt4 performance stop lagging?

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

David Smith: I have an EA that has opened a few thousands trade per month, i noticed now my mt4 has started lagging, i assume its because of all the tradehistory kept on the chart entry exit  i have a lot of visual arrows.

How do i clear this clutter so that my mt4 performance stop lagging?

I have not traded with MT4 for quite some time, so I no longer remember, but one way is to place the EA on a new clean chart.

Another way is to select all the objects and delete them. Use Ctrl-B to bring up the "Objects List", click on "List All", select them all and then click "Delete".

My memory is a little fuzzy regarding MT4, so there may be other options.

EDIT: From the post below, I remembered that you can also disable the Trade Levels in the "Charts" tab of the Options (Ctrl-O).

i was always surprised how laggy mt4 got when just a few 100 trades had been opened and closed. But yet further surprised at the difference it made just by removing tick from show trade levels in options, and decreased the number of candles showing on the charts if I didnt need them.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I have not traded with MT4 for quite some time, so I no longer remember, but one way is to place the EA on a new clean chart.

Another way is to select all the objects and delete them. Use Ctrl-B to bring up the "Objects List", click on "List All", select them all and then click "Delete".

My memory is a little fuzzy regarding MT4, so there may be other options.

EDIT: From the post below, I remembered that you can also disable the Trade Levels in the "Charts" tab of the Options (Ctrl-O).

Thank you Fernando, I have over 20 charts with each running an EA:/ no other easier way to do this?

David Smith #: Thank you Fernando, I have over 20 charts with each running an EA:/ no other easier way to do this?

Don't think so! I suppose you could, create a little utility to clean it up for for you, or add the functionality to the EA itself.

Reason: