Issue with Optimizer caching previous results. How do you reset it? Video included

I am try to restart an optimization process after I updated the code.

Every time I want to run the optimization process from the beginning, the optimizer remembers what iteration it was up to in the previous run, and starts from there again.

I don't want this behavior, and I can't see how to disable it.

See the video attached below:

Delete the contents of:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C6CF37AD8BF350E31FF073\Tester\cache\

I know of no way in MT5 to do this. It would be a useful enhancement, perhaps.

Programmatically, you could use do something with DLL calls (e.g. kernel32::DeleteFileW()) to remove these files in OnTesterInit().

Thanks Anthony

This is really annoying, I don't remember it doing this before. 

I will try the dll call trick, thank you.

Anthony Garot #:

Delete the contents of:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C6CF37AD8BF350E31FF073\Tester\cache\

I know of no way in MT5 to do this. It would be a useful enhancement, perhaps.

Programmatically, you could use do something with DLL calls (e.g. kernel32::DeleteFileW()) to remove these files in OnTesterInit().

How to do that with this dll?? ..  the name of the file change always.

dazamate:

I am try to restart an optimization process after I updated the code.

Every time I want to run the optimization process from the beginning, the optimizer remembers what iteration it was up to in the previous run, and starts from there again.

I don't want this behavior, and I can't see how to disable it.

An example implementation of disabling the cache.

Особенности языка mql5, тонкости и приёмы работы - Кеш Оптимизатора не ругается на одноименные функции с разными входными параметрами.
Особенности языка mql5, тонкости и приёмы работы - Кеш Оптимизатора не ругается на одноименные функции с разными входными параметрами.
  • www.mql5.com
приходится перезапускать МЕ чтобы очистить этот буфер. но при запуске МЕ все равно подхватывает текущие данные из буфера. предлагал уже добавить там же кнопку внизу очистить буфер и пронумеровать позиции. желательно перед этим выйти из всех ME и почистить буфер

just put this property on the beginning of the Expert source C code:

#property tester_no_cache

tester_no_cache

Reason: