back testing

hello everyone,

recently i downloaded some indicators and EA's,but when i want to get a back test of it,in the middle of the process both in visualization and optimization it doesn't go further and and get a result.

sometimes with a few changes in expert properties i can get a result,but only with a few changes. and on the terminal bar,on the expert section it gives me an error which is "cannot open file".

what should i do to make this work??!

and one more thing how can i open a 7-zip file which gives me the "archive is not recognized" error!!

thank you in advance.

Bozorgmehr1990:

hello everyone,

recently i downloaded some indicators and EA's,but when i want to get a back test of it,in the middle of the process both in visualization and optimization it doesn't go further and and get a result.

sometimes with a few changes in expert properties i can get a result,but only with a few changes. and on the terminal bar,on the expert section it gives me an error which is "cannot open file".

what should i do to make this work??!

and one more thing how can i open a 7-zip file which gives me the "archive is not recognized" error!!

thank you in advance.

maby this ea or indicator use file in MQL$\Files folder ....

for security reason mql dosnt allow you to use openFile in backtest.

no,it is for MT4 and it works on the charts,but i cant get a back test from them!!if it was for the MT5 it wouldnt showed up on MT4,these two platforms are not compatible.

Bozorgmehr1990 :
No, it's for MT4 and it works on the charts, but I can not get a back test from them !! if it was for MT5 it wouldnt show up on MT4, these two platforms are not compatible.

Felodi Rafik :))

I did not say for mql5

I tell you that the program does not allow you to use the tester's backtesting test file for security reasons, which it itself does not. That's why it brings out. You're normal, but not test mode.

پس چرا در مارکت ان را گذاشته؟؟؟

بعدم چرا در متا تریدر 5 اینطور نیست؟؟

!!ایا می دونی که در صورت مواجه شدن با ارور ارشیو شناخته شده نیست چطور میشه ان را بر طرف کرد؟؟ من سعی کردم استخراجش کنم یا تعمیرش کنم ولی فایده نداشت

So why put it on the market?

Then why is not it in MetaTrader 5?

Do you know that it is not known when faced with an arsenal of artifacts? How could it be overcome? I tried to extract it or repair it, but it was not worth it

Bozorgmehr1990:

پس چرا در مارکت ان را گذاشته؟؟؟

بعدم چرا در متا تریدر 5 اینطور نیست؟؟

!!ایا می دونی که در صورت مواجه شدن با ارور ارشیو شناخته شده نیست چطور میشه ان را بر طرف کرد؟؟ من سعی کردم استخراجش کنم یا تعمیرش کنم ولی فایده نداشت

I dont understand

read the original one,the one at the start.

Smith Stuggatt:
I dont understand
read the original one,the one at the start.

This is an English language forum so it is best to post in English so that everyone can understand.

Ali Sabbaghi:

for security reason mql dosnt allow you to use openFile in backtest.

Sorry, but this is not correct. You can open files in backtesting.

Have a look at the FileOpen function.

The file is opened in the folder of the client terminal in the subfolder MQL4\files (or Tester\Files in case of testing).
If FILE_COMMON is specified among flags, the file is opened in a shared folder for all MetaTrader 4 client terminals.

FileOpen - File Functions - MQL4 Reference
FileOpen - File Functions - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
[in]  The name of the file can contain subfolders. If the file is opened for writing, these subfolders will be created if there are no such ones. [in]  value to be used as a separator in txt or csv-file. If the csv-file delimiter is not specified, the default delimiter is ";". If the txt-file delimiter is not specified, then no separator is...
Reason: