Why duplicate signals

I subscribed a signal few days back. Recently I migrated the MT4 in to VPS. The first 2 or 3 trades were okay.  It copied the signal provider's trades and only one position will be opened each time.  Then the system started opening duplicate trades.  Each time the provider opens a trade, my account will open 2 trades at the same price and lost size.  What is wrong with it?  How can I fix this problem? Already I lost a lot because of this. Please help.

Possibly you have the EA running on your home computer as well as the VPS?

Keith Watford:

I don't have any EAs. I just have the signal provider from MQL5. Thanks all I have.

techmaker1:

I don't have any EAs. I just have the signal provider from MQL5. Thanks all I have.

Just not it automatically closed 15 duplicate orders without any notifications. I lost almost all my gains during last week and more.

techmaker1:

Seems you are copying this signal two times:

• using MQL5 VPS, and
  • using your home PC.

-------------

If you use VPS for the signal so you should close your Metatrader (connected with same account) with signal.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Issue with copying signal

Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.06.25 13:10

Then there's your problem.

You are copying the signal twice (VPS and locally), thats why you open double the trades and half of them are closed instantly.

When you open your platform to watch, you shouldn't open the signal settings and click everything on!

Keith Watford:
techmaker1:

Sorry, I meant signal, not EA.

Sergey Golubev:

Thank you.

Usually after pressing "synchronize signal only" on navigation panel all the settings on my options >> signals will get change. The option of "Enable Real time signal subscription" will get unchecked. Don't I need to reactivate it? I reactivated it. Is that the reason to duplicate trades?

Thanks.

techmaker1:

Thank you.

Usually after pressing "synchronize signal only" on navigation panel all the settings on my options >> signals will get change. The option of "Enable Real time signal subscription" will get unchecked. Don't I need to reactivate it? I reactivated it. Is that the reason to duplicate trades?

Thanks.

Yes.

Because VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud, and this copy is made in the time of synchronization.
Means - you passed your Metatrader (with all the settings, - with everything) to the cloud (by synchronization), and this Metatrader is working in cloud.

And if you are receiving the signal on your home PC as well so the trades will be doubled.

Sergey Golubev:

Yes.

Because VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud, and this copy is made in the time of synchronization.
Means - you passed your Metatrader (with all the settings, - with everything) to the cloud (by synchronization), and this Metatrader is working in cloud.

And if you are receiving the signal on your home PC as well so the trades will be doubled.

Thank you for further clarification. Not my doubts are cleared. Thanks a lot.

Sergey Golubev:

Yes.

techmaker1:

Thank you for further clarification. Not my doubts are cleared. Thanks a lot.

Hi Sergey.

I think I have the same issue.

Given that I already have duplicate trades, how can I determine the positioned opened locally (vs the one opened via the vps copy). I am planning to delete the locally opened positions.

Please advise.

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers
Reason: