Indicators: Elder Impulse System

Elder Impulse System:

The Elder Impulse System indicator identifies transitions where a trend speeds up or slows down.

Chart CADJPY, H4, 2018.08.08 14:36 UTC, International Capital Markets Pty Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Real

Author: Cuong Thai

thanks for the indicator and your work. but it has a problem. sometimes it doesn't show the color of new incoming bars ( i mean when the bar should be green or red or blue, it doesn't show any colorful bar). even in strategy tester, i saw this problem. But after going back from another time-frame, it works fine again. for example when we are at 1 min chart, the color of new oncoming bars i wrong and sometimes it doesn't have any color, but after going to i.e 5 min chart and backing to 1 min chart, it shows the color of recent bars truly. I other words, it doesn't update the color of latest incoming bars correctly. this problem exists in both live chart and strategy tester.

Boleh di coba

Candra Purnomo:
Can be tried

Post in English

If you have nothing useful to add to a topic, don't post.

Ali:
thanks for the indicator and your work. but it has a problem. sometimes it doesn't show the color of new incoming bars ( i mean when the bar should be green or red or blue, it doesn't show any colorful bar). even in strategy tester, i saw this problem. But after going back from another time-frame, it works fine again. for example when we are at 1 min chart, the color of new oncoming bars i wrong and sometimes it doesn't have any color, but after going to i.e 5 min chart and backing to 1 min chart, it shows the color of recent bars truly. I other words, it doesn't update the color of latest incoming bars correctly. this problem exists in both live chart and strategy tester.

Thank you for using it. You are right that it doesn't paint ongoing chart bar.

I'm starting to study MQL5, currently I still don't know how to force it draws ongoing chart.

Cuong Thai:

Thank you for using it. You are right that it doesn't paint ongoing chart bar.

I'm starting to study MQL5, currently I still don't know how to force it draws ongoing chart.

It Lack Last Buffer.

Add this line at OnInit()

SetIndexBuffer(7,ExtEMaBuffer,INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS);

robualdo:

It Lack Last Buffer.

Thank you, you're right!

Ali:

Thanks to robualdo he discovers that it lacks Last Buffer.

SetIndexBuffer(7,ExtEMaBuffer,INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS);

Hi everyone,

While waiting MQL5 to approve my new commit, you can get source code here to run

https://github.com/cuongth/ElderImpulse

Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
Cuong Th.

Hi all,

I will never upload source code here. I've fixed to paint ongoing bar and received comment from moderator:

"
Unfortunately, there are some remarks on your code: 

• The charts to be published containing indicators or graphical objects should be made in Black on White color scheme: black and white candlesticks or black bars on white background. This will allow readers to print the image out directly from screen.

Please revise it according to the remarks.
"

A man works like robot. I'm not sure they read definition of Elder's Impulse system. This is not a good environment to share source code. Kindly prefer to my github.com/cuongth

Regards,

Cuong Th.

Hey Man!!

This might be useful to your code::

PlotIndexSetString(0,PLOT_LABEL,_Symbol+" Open;"+_Symbol+" High;"+_Symbol+" Low;"+_Symbol+" Close");

The Function will show the better name for each buffer to display in the DataWindow

Reason: