Download MetaTrader 5

Libraries: GetPaneHeights

To add comments, please log in or register
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp.  

GetPaneHeights:

This function calculates the heights in pixel of all panes in a window.

Author: kartz

fai
fai  

Hi,kartz.

It's wonderful.

Can you allow the use of this library source code in my indicator code ?
I do not want to split into two files are.
Because it will cause careless mistake for many people, so I prefer static link.

kartz
kartz  
fai:
Can you allow the use of this library source code in my indicator code ?

I do not want to split into two files are.
Because it will cause careless mistake for many people, so I prefer static link.

Hi fai,

Thank you.
You mean you want to "embed" (not #include or #import) GetPaneHeights() in your source code, right?
Sure you can.

MQL4 Comments
MQL4 Comments  

Hello Kartz,

I'm trying to use the function GetPaneHeights as you described above in a "custom indicator" program. When i load my CI, nothing happen and i can see error message as below in the "expert" card of the client terminal:

2009.09.13 23:12:14 GetPaneHeights EURUSD,Daily: dll calls are not allowed; 'user32.dll'-'GetClientRect'

Do you know how to solve it?

kartz
kartz  
kleinmat:

I'm trying to use the function GetPaneHeights as you described above in a "custom indicator" program. When i load my CI, nothing happen and i can see error message as below in the "expert" card of the client terminal:

2009.09.13 23:12:14 GetPaneHeights EURUSD,Daily: dll calls are not allowed; 'user32.dll'-'GetClientRect'

Hi kleinmat,

Please try this: right click on a chart, select "Indicators List (Ctrl+I)", select your CI, select Common tab, and then check the both of "Allow DLL imports" and "Allow external experts (EX4) imports."

MQL4 Comments
MQL4 Comments  

Tx Kartz

Indeed it's working now.

However i can't get what i want, i.e arrow to be really "sticked" on the graph. Using "GetHeightPane", i still have problem when the scale of the graph is changing for example, or when i'm changing it manually by moving the Y coordinates on the right.

A good example of what im searching for is the indicator "Fractals": whatever the scale is or the zoom performed, arrow will always stay same distance to the low/bottom. Problem is we can't load by default indicator in MetaEditor ... pity

I guess i need to practice more ehehe

Mat

gino pilotino
gino pilotino  

is it possible to get the width as well ? it could be usefule if you want to programatically take screenshot that spans the whole main chart window

(afaik you must hardcode dimension with the current library screenshot function)

To add comments, please log in or register