OrderCloseBy function doesnt work !!

Hi guys,

I recently tried my EA on a new MT4 platform of a new broker (FXCM) and aparently their system doesnt accept the OrdeCloseBy function. It returns "error 3"

I tried all possible settings to avoid the problem without success. My EA works fine on more than 10 other MT4 different brokers and platforms for more than 6 months now.

It looks like they have a special setting which doesnt allow this function. Apparently they open 2 tickets for each trade to charge their commission on both side of the trade. This system may not be compatible with the "CloseBy" function..

Anybody has a cue on this issue ??

Volcanbleu: I recently tried my EA on a new MT4 platform of a new broker (FXCM) and aparently their system doesnt accept the OrdeCloseBy function. It returns "error 3"
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 Systems section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. You second sentance shows that it is not "aparently their system." It is brokers that allow it or not. Never on ECN brokers because they aren't taking the other side of your trade.

whroeder1:
  1. Never on ECN brokers because they aren't taking the other side of your trade.

What? ECN routing has nothing to do with whether or not a broker has implemented OrderCloseBy. 

nicholi shen:

What? ECN routing has nothing to do with whether or not a broker has implemented OrderCloseBy. 

whroeder1:
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 Systems section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. You second sentance shows that it is not "aparently their system." It is brokers that allow it or not. Never on ECN brokers because they aren't taking the other side of your trade.

I agree. This doesnt Seems logic.

So Nicholi, can you confirm that is the possibility for the broker to block the OrderCloseBy function on his platform?

Volcanbleu:

I agree. This doesnt Seems logic.

So Nicholi, can you confirm that is the possibility for the broker to block the OrderCloseBy function on his platform?

All brokers who conform to FIFO and non-hedging rules will block the use of OrderCloseBy by default.

Reason: