Experts: PROphet

PROphet :

A practical EA for the intraday trading from 10:00 till 19:00. It works well on 5M EURUSD. The expected payoff is 40..60 pips per week on the forward testing.

Author: Борис

Thanks for sharing this brilliant EA

Josep:

Hi Josep, do you understand the kyrilic written link regards optimizing process on the weekend?

onu:
Josep:

Hi Josep, do you understand the kyrilic written link regards optimizing process on the weekend?

Hi onu,

I'm not able to understand russian (I would like to because it has a nice sound). It's supposed that you have to optimize the EA each weekend. You have to run the optimizer twice. The first run for the BUY trades and the second for the SELL trades. In the first run you set the parameter daBUY to "true" and the patameter daSELL to false. For the second run you set daBUY to "false" and the daSELL to "true". In each run you will get the best parameters for BUY (1st run) and for SELL (2nd run). Those parameters would be "the best" for next week.

That's all.

Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

I'm not able to understand russian (I would like to because it has a nice sound). It's supposed that you have to optimize the EA each weekend. You have to run the optimizer twice. The first run for the BUY trades and the second for the SELL trades. In the first run you set the parameter daBUY to "true" and the patameter daSELL to false. For the second run you set daBUY to "false" and the daSELL to "true". In each run you will get the best parameters for BUY (1st run) and for SELL (2nd run). Those parameters would be "the best" for next week.

That's all.

thx Josep,

i used a web translater and as far as i unterstand now is the optimization a bit more sophisticated.

1st step) as discribed above, BUT u have to use the datas of the last THREE weeks !

2nd step) u have to run the given results again with +5/-5, i.e. x1=29 on first run, again optimizing with setting 24/1/34

Did u test this system the last 2 weeks?

onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

That's all.

thx Josep,

i used a web translater and as far as i unterstand now is the optimization a bit more sophisticated.

1st step) as discribed above, BUT u have to use the datas of the last THREE weeks !

2nd step) u have to run the given results again with +5/-5, i.e. x1=29 on first run, again optimizing with setting 24/1/34

Hi onu,

i have tested for a couple of weeks and the results are not so good. I cannot say strictly the results cause i made some manual interventions and also modificated the EA adding TakeProfit and adding coincidence with H1 trend to open position. But it seems that, as PraVedNik says, 50 pips per week could be reasonable media results.

At the moment I'm optimizing one year instead of 12 weeks and see what kind of results I get. Then we'll see...

Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

That's all.

thx Josep,

Hi onu,

i have tested for a couple of weeks and the results are not so good. I cannot say strictly the results cause i made some manual interventions and also modificated the EA adding TakeProfit and adding coincidence with H1 trend to open position. But it seems that, as PraVedNik says, 50 pips per week could be reasonable media results.

At the moment I'm optimizing one year instead of 12 weeks and see what kind of results I get. Then we'll see...

Hi,
what do u expect with one year optimization?

onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

That's all.

thx Josep,

Hi onu,

Hi,

Just to compare the results optimizing one year and using the optimized parameters, with the results of using each month the optimization of the previous 3 months. Is the market behaviour of one year less representative than the past three months to forsee the future behaviour? I know that this trial has no statistical value, but I want to see if the results of one year are representative enough to use them allways. If so, that would probably sugest that the method itself is not bad.

Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

That's all.

thx Josep,

Hi onu,

Hi,

Just to compare the results optimizing one year and using the optimized parameters, with the results of using each month the optimization of the previous 3 months. Is the market behaviour of one year less representative than the past three months to forsee the future behaviour? I know that this trial has no statistical value, but I want to see if the results of one year are representative enough to use them allways. If so, that would probably sugest that the method itself is not bad.

any positive results so far? On demo foreward testing it isn t successfull...

onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

That's all.

thx Josep,

Hi onu,

Hi,

I did a backtesting of the whole year 2008 optimizing three months and applying the optimized parameters on the next month. The average was of 53 pips per week. My EA is not the original, I have added Take Profit, Trailing stop and opening the position only when the H1 trend has the same direction. The optimization of year 2008 gives 115 pips per week, but applying the optimized parameters on year 2007 gives bad results. I'll keep on trying anyhow. Good luck.

Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:
onu:
Josep:

Hi onu,

That's all.

thx Josep,

Hi onu,

Hi,

I did a backtesting of the whole year 2008 optimizing three months and applying the optimized parameters on the next month. The average was of 53 pips per week. My EA is not the original, I have added Take Profit, Trailing stop and opening the position only when the H1 trend has the same direction. The optimization of year 2008 gives 115 pips per week, but applying the optimized parameters on year 2007 gives bad results. I'll keep on trying anyhow. Good luck.

Thx for the update. Doesnt sound bad at all. I m still running the original, time will tell...

Reason: