MQL4 or MQL5?

Hi Everybody,

I am new in algo trading, I read alot about the differences between MQL4 and MQL5? tell now I didn't take the deciton to choose.

Which one you advice, you choose and why? 

(in terms of professionality, stable, wide use, market, etc)

KK

khalilkb:

Hi Everybody,

I am new in algo trading, I read alot about the differences between MQL4 and MQL5? tell now I didn't take the deciton to choose.

KK

MQL5 because MQL4 is getting old and will be soon no longer supported.  

Icham Aidibe:

MQL5 because MQL4 is getting old and will be soon no longer supported.  

Thanks for replay, what i see is MQL4 usage and market is bigger than MQL5, fast comparison in metatrader community and market, MQL4 is more popular. 

khalilkb:
Thanks for replay, what i see is MQL4 usage and market is bigger than MQL5, fast comparison in metatrader community and market, MQL4 is more popular. 

MT4 is already no longer available via the official website but only via brokers. Make yourself a favor, make the switch now :)

khalilkb:

Hi Everybody,

KK

I would choose MQl5 over MQl4 anytime. MQL4 is getting outdated. 
Metaquotes keeps adding new functionality and pushing updates for MT5. 

Icham Aidibe:

MT4 is already no longer available via the official website but only via brokers. Make yourself a favor, make the switch now :)

:)

Nitin Raj:

I would choose MQl5 over MQl4 anytime. MQL4 is getting outdated. 
Metaquotes keeps adding new functionality and pushing updates for MT5. 

agree :)

Besides some specific functions it's pretty much the same language. You can talk about a choice between MQL4/MQL5 and NinjaScript, or MQL4/MQL5 and JavaScript, but MQL4 and MQL5 similarities are more than differences. MT5 has way more capabilities than MT4 and is also prettier, it's probably better to focus on that one.

----------------

MT4 vs MT5 

MQL5 vs QLUA - Why trading operations in MQL5 are up to 28 times faster? - the article  

The Video from MQ: demonstration of the calculations on the GPU in MQL5 code and the graphics capabilities of the terminal 

MQL5 speed test (compare with MQL4 and C++)
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/217992#comment_5943518 (in Russian)

----------------

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

MQL5 for all the previously stated reasons , and due to MT5 which is becoming more sufficient (news etc..) and equipped to 
meet the requirements of a reemerging frenzy on certain development fields.

Likely we're all agree, it's not usual there around ;)
Reason: