Lot size not matching the signal provider

Hi All,

I subscribed to a signal and we have the same amount and currency. My trades have always a smaller lot size (i.e he has a 0.44 lot size and I have 0.41).

The weird part is my size lots are getting smaller despite the overall amount increasing.

What I need to do to get the same lot size?

Thanks

Deub41:

Hi All,

I subscribed to a signal and we have the same amount and currency. My trades have always a smaller lot size (i.e he has a 0.44 lot size and I have 0.41).

The weird part is my size lots are getting smaller despite the overall amount increasing.

What I need to do to get the same lot size?

Thanks

In your signal's setting (Tools >> Options >> Signals) you can allocate up to 95% of your balance for signal copying, so in order to have a 100% copying ratio, you should keep a bit more money than the signal provider.

The lot size is getting smaller, because with that arrangement the signal provider's balance is increasing, while yours is not.

Another reason for the decreasing lot size, might be the slippage that gives the signal provider account bigger profits than yours.

I would like to add the leverage.
Leverage could also affect in this case.
So, if It Is not Equal To The Provider's leverage Then You Won't Get The Same Lot.

Summary, you need to Deposit Little Money in Order To Solve Your Problem.

How to Select a Deal Volume?
The question of how exactly the Subscriber's deposit will participate in trading via Signals service is one of the most critical ones. When solving this issue, we followed the already mentioned principle - providing maximum protection for each participant. As a result, we can offer a secure solution for Subscribers.

The question of how exactly the Subscriber's deposit will participate in trading via Signals service is one of the most critical ones. When solving this issue, we followed the already mentioned principle - providing maximum protection for each participant. As a result, we can offer a secure solution for Subscribers.

When enabling signals in the terminal and subscribing to one of them, Subscribers should select what part of the deposit is to be used when following the signals. There was an alternative solution of setting the ratio between Subscriber's and Provider's position volumes. But such a system could not guarantee the security of the Subscriber's deposit. For example, suppose that Provider's deposit is 30 000$, while Subscriber's one is 10 000$ and the ratio of 1:1 has been selected. In that case, the Signals Provider may just wait out temporary drawdown having a large volume order, while the Subscriber may lose all the funds with all his or her positions closed by Stop Out. The situation may get even worse if the Provider's balance suddenly changes (top up or withdraw), while previously specified volumes ratio remains intact.

To avoid such cases, we have decided to implement the system of percentage-based allocation of the part of a deposit, which is to be used in trading via the Signals service. This system is quite complicated as it considers deposit currencies, their conversion and leverages.

Let's consider a specific example of using the volumes management system:

1. Provider: balance 15 000 USD, leverage 1:100
  2. Subscriber1: balance 40 000 EUR, leverage 1:200, deposit load percentage 50%
  3. Subscriber2: balance 5 000 EUR, leverage 1:50, deposit load percentage 35%
  4. EURUSD exchange rate = 1.2700

Calculation of Provider's and Subscriber's position volumes ratio:

1. Balances ratio considering specified part of the deposit in percentage terms:
    Subscriber1: (40 000 * 0,5) / 15 000 = 1,3333 (133.33%)
    Subscriber2: (5 000 * 0,35) / 15 000 = 0,1166 (11.66%)
  2. After considering the leverages:
    Subscriber1: the leverage of Subscriber1 (1:200) is greater than Provider's one (1:100), thus correction on leverages is not performed
    Subscriber2: 0,1166 * (50 / 100) = 0,0583 (5.83%)
  3. After considering currency rates of the deposits at the moment of calculation:
    Subscriber1: 1,3333 * 1,2700 = 1,6933 (169.33%)
    Subscriber2: 0,0583 * 1,2700 = 0,0741 (7.41%)
  4. Total percentage value after the rounding (performed using a multistep algorithm):
    Subscriber1: 160% or 1.6 ratio
    Subscriber2: 7% or 0.07 ratio

Thus under the given conditions, Provider's deal with volume of 1 lot will be copied: 

- to Subscriber1 account in amount of 160% -  volume of 1.6 lots

- to Subscriber2 account in amount of 7% -  volume of 0.07 lots

Be careful not to confuse the percentage value of the used part of the deposit and the actual ratio of position volumes. The trading terminal allows setting the part of the deposit in percentage value. This value is used to calculate the ratio of position volumes. This data is always fixed in the log and is shown in the following way:

Subscriber1:

2012.11.12 13:33:23    Signal    '1277190': percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 160%

2012.11.12 13:27:55    Signal    '1277190': signal provider has balance 15 000.00 USD, leverage 1:100; subscriber has balance 40 000.00 EUR, leverage 1:200

2012.11.12 13:27:54    Signal    '1277190': money management: use 50% of deposit, equity limit: 0.00 EUR, deviation/slippage: 1.0 spreads

Subscriber2:

2012.11.12 13:33:23    Signal    '1277191': percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 7%

2012.11.12 13:27:55    Signal    '1277191': signal provider has balance 15 000.00 USD, leverage 1:50; subscriber has balance 5 000.00 EUR, leverage 1:50

2012.11.12 13:27:54    Signal    '1277191': money management: use 35% of deposit, equity limit: 0.00 EUR, deviation/slippage: 1.0 spreads

--------------- 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal Subscriber Lot Size Question

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.02 07:42

Besides, you can use Calculator of the Signals (to calculate everything 'automatically' based on any pre-selected signal for example).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal Subscriber Lot Size Question

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.02 07:42

Besides, you can use Calculator of the Signals (to calculate everything 'automatically' based on any pre-selected signal for example).

Mohammad Soubra:
I would like to add the leverage.
Leverage could also affect in this case.
So, if It Is not Equal To The Provider's leverage Then You Won't Get The Same Lot.

Summary, you need to Deposit Little Money in Order To Solve Your Problem.

That's correct Mohammad, thank you for pointing that out!

Leverage affects signal copying if its smaller than the provider's, if its the same or bigger does not.

Eleni Anna Branou:

That's correct Mohammad, thank you for pointing that out!

Leverage affects signal copying if its smaller than the provider's, if its the same or bigger does not.

However, Sergey Has Fully Explained.

Mohammad Soubra:
However, Sergey Has Fully Explained.

Sergey is the encyclopedia Britannica around here!

Respect.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Sergey is the encyclopedia Britannica around here!

Respect.

He Might Be A Partner also!
Right Sergey?
Reason: