Trade lot size

Hi,

I've subscribed to signal trading with $750 USD in my account but my lot size is not the same as the signal provider. My lot size is only 0.001 and the signal providers lot is 0.002 / 0.003. How do I increase my lot size

Thanks

The main page for subscribers to understand about which lot size they will have when subscribe - this one https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (started from the words "Copying Trading Operations and Volume Calculation"). 

And finally -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can you change the ratio in which a signal is subscribed to?

Alain Verleyen, 2014.02.04 13:31

You have only 2 ways to act on the calculated ratio :

• Increase "% of deposit used" in Signals settings.
  • Add more capital to your account.

In order to copy the signal's positions with exactly the same size, you must:

1. Have slightly bigger balance than the signal, because your maximum percentage for subscribing to the signal is 95%.

2. Have the same leverage (or more).

If your balance is smaller (or larger) than signal's then the ratio of balances and leverages is calculated by MQL5 automatically and you copying signal's positions by the quoted percentage.

You can check that percentage in your platform (or VPS) journal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

In order to copy the signal's positions with exactly the same size, you must:

1. Have slightly bigger balance than the signal, because your maximum percentage for subscribing to the signal is 95%.

2. Have the same leverage (or more).

If your balance is smaller (or larger) than signal's then the ratio of balances and leverages is calculated by MQL5 automatically and you copying signal's positions by the quoted percentage.

You can check that percentage in your platform (or VPS) journal.

Not necessarily. You could also have a different leverage, a balance 10 times as the provider and adjust you maximum percentage accordingly.

You are right Alain, I was describing the case with similar balances.
Reason: