Check if Order of Symbol is already open

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a check function, So the EA checks if a trade of the symbol is already open and if its open already then dont open a second one.

I use the Orderstotal() at the moment but then i cant open more trades from different symbols.

if(RSIValue<23 && OrdersTotal()<1){
   int buyticket = OrderSend
   (
      Symbol(),
      OP_BUY,
      LotSize,
      Ask,
      Ask- 250*_Point,
      Ask+1200*_Point,
      NULL,
      Green
   );

Here is a small piece of what im talking about.

Im looking for a replacement for the OrderTotal function.

So it doesnt check the whole Tradelist but only for the Symbol it active on.

Hope you all understand what im saying and i really appreciate if you want to help.

Regards,

Mitch Zanting: I use the Orderstotal() at the moment but then i cant open more trades from different symbols.
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
              Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum

3. Using Point means code breaks on 4 digit brokers, exotics (e.g. USDZAR where spread is over 500 points,) and metals. Compute what a PIP is and use it, not points.
              How to manage JPY pairs with parameters? - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
              Slippage defined in index points - Currency Pairs - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum

Mitch Zanting:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a check function, So the EA checks if a trade of the symbol is already open and if its open already then dont open a second one.

I use the Orderstotal() at the moment but then i cant open more trades from different symbols.

Here is a small piece of what im talking about.

Im looking for a replacement for the OrderTotal function.

So it doesnt check the whole Tradelist but only for the Symbol it active on.

Hope you all understand what im saying and i really appreciate if you want to help.

Regards,

As one of ways:

extern int EAMagic = 777888; //EA's magic number parameter

int CountSymbolPositions=0;

for(int trade=OrdersTotal()-1;trade>=0;trade--)
    {
      if(!OrderSelect(trade,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
         continue;
      if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
         {
         if((OrderType()==OP_SELL||OrderType()==OP_BUY) && OrderMagicNumber()==EAMagic)
         CountSymbolPositions++;
         }
    }

//And then - your code, for example

if(RSIValue<23 && CountSymbolPositions<1){
   int buyticket = OrderSend
   (
      Symbol(),
      OP_BUY,
      LotSize,
      Ask,
      Ask- 250*_Point,
      Ask+1200*_Point,
      NULL,
      Green
   );
}

Alternatively...

bool trades_on_symbol(string symbol)
{
   for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS);i--)
      if(OrderSymbol()==symbol && OrderType()<2)
         return true;
   return false;
}
Reason: