Confidenatiality of Algo Scripts written by Developers.

I have asked a Developer to write a script for me that looks good. 

Im wondering what can be done in terms of confidentiality.

I dont want everyone to know about it. Understand I cant stop the Developer using it but do I have any copyright over anything like that ?

Or is there no such thing, once its written anyone can use it.

The Developer I got from this site through the normal process.

Thanks 

Does anyone have an opnion on this? or there is no such thing as confidentiality.

I think the Developers will not need your script - because they are making many EAs (not a scripts, and the EAs are more valuable because Eas are the robots which can trade by itself).
The developers/coders can make many EAs during a day and check them, modify them and so on ...

Yes, there are the developers/coders which are trading but it is very rare case because most of the coders are making money by coding.

Yes my script I intend it to be an EA

But what if the EA is making alot of money then anyone can use the Script / EA.

I guess the answer is no there is no such thing as copyright and it cant be enforced.

Fred7777:

I guess the answer is no there is no such thing as copyright and it cant be enforced.

How the coder will know about it?
Of course, if he will use this EA with trading live during the few months so - yes, he will know.
But the coders are coding ... and the traders are trading ...

Besides, the author/owner of the code for this EA will be the coder anyway (you are the author os the idea only).

If I am wrong so sorry (because I am not a coder).

Fred7777:

Trust me, most of the coders(including me) forget about the EA right after we receive the payment. 

We are really not interested in client's money-making EAs(if there is any, which I highly doubt). 

In fact we usually already know on forehand that the job request's strategy is going to fail.

But we do not argue about it, it is what the customer want's coded so it's what we code.

Although you are free to ask about the coders opinion about the strategy that you want to have coded.

Sometimes a customer requests a coding job and writes that he wants his specific idea coded and that it has to be profitable, but unfortunately that case is not possible when the offered strategy does not work.

My experience though, is that the customer that orders something is so fixated on his newly (or improved) developed strategy and he is so certain that it will work, that there is no reason in trying to convince him otherwise.

And a job is a job if it's done correctly and without too much fuzz, the customer might return for a modification, eventually.

The paranoia can be neglected because a good coder usually already has his arsenal of robots that will not be easy to outperform by your new ideas.

Those are also his own idea's he developed when he learned the language.

Hi Fred if you are serious about this then some things to do some research on...

Check the T&C's (Terms & Conditions) of the agreement with the coder - there should be T&C's if you are paying for a service.

See if there is anything in the T&C'S regarding who owns the IP (intellectual property). "Intellectual property (IP) is the property of your mind or proprietary knowledge. Basically, the productive new ideas you create. It can be an invention, trade mark, design, brand, or the application of your idea" (http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au).

You could also ask the coder to sign a confidentiality agreement (i.e. Deed of Confidentiallity).

Reason: