Experts: Renko 2.0 Offline - page 3

I downloaded the EA Renko that you developed and posted on the MQL5 website, I'm having a hard time putting my EA to work with Renko, I know it creates a new custom feature, however my EA does not open any request. I noticed that the chart is having update peaks, is this normal? About my EA is there any code to work on Renko? Would you help me?

Olá Guilherme,

é possível colocar os tijolos em PRETO quando existir abertura com GAP? exemplo WINM18. O volume é zero nestes tijolos.

Seria possível também mostrar normalmente o último preço negociado?

excelente trabalho.

Abraços,

Tried this out for EURUSD with 100 points renko box (5 digits), in the current window and in a new window, but got many different problems.

Used in different combinations "EURUSDR2", "EURUSD_R2" and empty (stated as default) name as RenkoSymbol input.

Got:

• "Renko symbol error" most of the trials;
  • very strange renko chart with only 2 boxes 10 000 000 points each;
  • renko2offline (EURUSD,M1) array out of range in 'Renko2.mqh' (360,46)

The custom symbol is created in all cases, but it's empty if EA was stopped by any of the errors.

Took a glance through the code, and one thing which is popped up instantly - OnBookEvent does not check symbol name, so the code is triggered on any book event!

Guilherme,

The code looks amazing, congratulations on this great work and thank you for sharing it. I just have one quick question: from the renkocharts.mqh code I could see that you're using the CopyRates function in order to generate the renko boxes for the custom chart, correct? Is there a reason not to use the CopyTicks instead?

Thanks in advance and cheers from Brazil!

Brunno

brunno:

Guilherme,

The code looks amazing, congratulations on this great work and thank you for sharing it. I just have one quick question: from the renkocharts.mqh code I could see that you're using the CopyRates function in order to generate the renko boxes for the custom chart, correct? Is there a reason not to use the CopyTicks instead?

I have one answer, which may fit, though I'm not Guilherme. Hope this helps a bit.

Stanislav Korotky:

I have one answer, which may fit, though I'm not Guilherme. Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you for the explanation. My main concern was regarding the more volatile symbols, for which sometimes even in the M1 chart you can have some huge candles that did not necessarily opened at their low and closed at their high in a single up movement (for example), but instead took a long fight between bulls and bears until the bar closed, so, in this case, the assumption of getting just the range of the candle after it is closed to generate the renko boxes would be somehow imprecise, but your post showed that empirically there shouldn't be that much difference (plus the fact that, for the live version, the renko boxes are based on ticks after all, so the main problem would be just the backtesting part).

I guess that, for now, the best option is really to use the CopyRates function, at least until we can get reliable historical data from the CopyTicks (or someone works on a workaround for the problems you cited).

Thank again,

Brunno

I tested the renko2 indicator: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/19559  on which this offline version is based on, and I found that it repaints. Does this offline version also repaints? Unfortunately it cannot tested in the strategy tester. Thank you.
Renko 2.0
Renko 2.0
  • www.mql5.com
Views: 9792 Rating: Published: 2017.12.28 14:23 Updated: 2018.08.02 09:19 New Renko 2.0 (indicator) with a lot more information (time, volumes, and spread). References the Symbol library for MetaTrader 5 by fxsaber. Configure using Tick Size, Pip Size or Points. Parameters View Version history Implemented normal array buffer for better...

Hello Mr.Santos;

New version gives error. What does it mean code 1 error?

"initializinf of renkoffline (...) failed with code 1"

Thanks for your work and updating of work.

I found that sometimes the current (newest) bar has wrong values.

Low is 10 times lower than it should be.

The graph gets mallformed.

Could this be a bug in the indicator?

Files:
Naamloos.png  26 kb

JR_EHV:

I found that sometimes the current (newest) bar has wrong values.

Low is 10 times lower than it should be.

The graph gets mallformed.

Could this be a bug in the indicator?

Saw this bug also, been debugging since some hours agos to figure out where it's from.

i saw a line where the price is either multiplied or added to the brick_size(to add the up/down wick) and felt(without proof yet) that the price wasn't rounded properly.

Reason: