MT4 shutdown - page 3

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Thank you fxn,

I find super irresponsible that most EAs are MQL4, they should pressure AND HELP all sellers in the conversion of their EAs to MQL5, or create a solution to run MT4 EAs in the MT5 PLATFORM with no problem. Now everyone who purchased EAs is going to lose them if they don't do it!
I do think so, Metaqoute people should developed a module for MT5 that can run existing MQL4 code as is.

As i read the news on the weblinks MT4 won't be sold anymore per january 2018. That sounds legitimate in stead of a MT4 shutdown. End of life support of MT4 date is unknown in my opinion. So all exisisting MT4 servers will be treated from support perspective the same, based on the underpinning contracts. If end of life support MT4 is known that could mean a gradual shutdown. Not selling it anymore is a phased shutdown. Last "point zero trading MT4 vs MT5 poll"  plotted a usage of 90% plus usage MT4 compared to MT5. There must be much bigger revenue for brokers on MT4 then MT5 based on this knowledge. The caption of this forum is a bit misleading in my opinion. 

Big security issues and legal global prosecutions, like 2011 flash crash could lead to a faster MT4 shutdown then expected in my opinion. Which software or platform caused the 2011 flash crash btw?

I believe in a MT4 shutdown in about 2020 2021. That sounds fair enough for me.

Btw, who knows the news was came from the competitors :)

I'll just believe it if the news comes from MetaQuotes Software Corp. itself,
or at least the news is announced by our regulated brokers.

Even if it happens, surely that issue will be provided solution.

-- Good luck.

The only way out should be an update for MT5 for adding MQL4 code execution, in order to have the classical upward compatibility required in the business.

This could be as an install option during MT5 setup ?

Yohana Parmi:

Btw, who knows the news was came from the competitors :)

I'll just believe it if the news comes from MetaQuotes Software Corp. itself,
or at least the news is announced by our regulated brokers.

Even if it happens, surely that issue will be provided solution.

-- Good luck.

Well as a part of discontinuing MT4, Metaquote won't let you download MT4 setup exe from https://www.metatrader4.com/. Whenever you hit download MT4 setup you end up with downloading MT5 setup.

But still, you can download it from MT4 brokers.

Philippe Pauleau:

The only way out should be an update for MT5 for adding MQL4 code execution, in order to have the classical upward compatibility required in the business.

This could be as an install option during MT5 setup ?

Agreed, the same thing Felipe & I mentioned earlier  

Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
  • www.metatrader4.com
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC to receive the most powerful and convenient tool for technical analysis and trading in the markets. During the first launch, you will be prompted to open a...

xfn:

Well as a part of discontinuing MT4, Metaquote won't let you download MT4 setup exe from https://www.metatrader4.com/. Whenever you hit download MT4 setup you end up with downloading MT5 setup.

But still, you can download it from MT4 brokers.

Agreed, the same thing Felipe & I mentioned earlier  

This is happening for a long time now, is part of Metaquotes campaign of promoting MT5 instead.

Requirements are up to the vendor, which is Metaquotes in this webspace. They have vacancies. Do it yourself or stop complaining is my mantra.

Software history is full of non-compatible upgrade. It happens to the greatest : OsX Leopard to new osX ? Windows XP ?  Linux' kernels ?

Not competitive/professionnal for/from MetaQuotes ? Getting old isn't competitive/professionnal. 

How are you arguing ? 

Your favorite EA uses MT4, now MT4 is going obsolete, the author will upgrade it or an equivalent solution will be available.

"What goes around comes around."

Reason: