strategy tester

relatively new to this, i am using the strategy tester to try out my expert advisors. is it possible to test more than one symbol at the same time. at the moment i'm going one symbol at a time

thanks for your input

Yes, it is possible in Metatrader 5 - 

----------------

Documentation

• MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Optimization Types - All Symbols Selected in Market Watch
  • MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Strategy Testing - Multi-Currency Expert Advisors
  • MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual
Optimization Types - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
This type of optimization is based on the genetic algorithm of search for the best values of input parameters. This type is much faster than the first one and is almost of the same quality. The slow complete optimization that would take several years can be performed within several hours using the genetic algorithm. Each individual has a...

more links - 

----------------

Multi-Currency Expert Advisors in MT5  - backtesting and optimization

The threads/posts

• Buying or Selling all 7 pairs - the thread with the explanation.
  • Multi-Currency Expert Advisors the post with the examples of backtesting/optimization

The articles

• www.metatrader5.com
This type of optimization is based on the genetic algorithm of search for the best values of input parameters. This type is much faster than the first one and is almost of the same quality. The slow complete optimization that would take several years can be performed within several hours using the genetic algorithm. Each individual has a...

Sergey Golubev:

more links - 

----------------

Multi-Currency Expert Advisors in MT5  - backtesting and optimization

The threads/posts

• Buying or Selling all 7 pairs - the thread with the explanation.
  • Multi-Currency Expert Advisors the post with the examples of backtesting/optimization

The articles

Tafadzwa Nyamwanza:
thank you sergey, running it now