why not have buy-limit-stop / sell-limit-stop ?

MT5 have buy-stop-limit / sell-stop-limit , but why not have  buy-limit-stop / sell-limit-stop. I think this is also usefull. I suggest add it.

Yu Zhang:
MT5 have buy-stop-limit / sell-stop-limit , but why not have  buy-limit-stop / sell-limit-stop. I think this is also usefull. I suggest add it.

This has something to do with the functions within the trading platform and the functions to trade in general. If this function is not available then another is used for it.

Is there a way to put buy-limit-stop / sell-limit-stop orders?

Yu Zhang:

Please explain what

buy-stop-limit

sell-stop-limit

buy-limit-stop

sell-limit-stop

are. I have never heard of them.

Yu Zhang:

you can write a custom function to replicate those.

Keith Watford:

Please explain what

buy-stop-limit

sell-stop-limit

buy-limit-stop

sell-limit-stop

are. I have never heard of them.

MT5 has BUY/SELL stop limit orders.
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

sachnyc:
Is there a way to put buy-limit-stop / sell-limit-stop orders?
What to do ? Doesn't make sense to me.

Alain Verleyen:
What to do ? Doesn't make sense to me.
Hi Alain - sorry for replying late. I missed notification. I want to put a limit price which is above current price and when current price reaches this limit price, I want to put a sell stop order for stop price below current price. how do I achieve this in MT4/5? I won't be around at computer when limit price is reached.
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

These orders don't exist under MT4/MT5, they need to be coded to be automated or done manually.

Alain Verleyen:
These orders don't exist under MT4/MT5, they need to be coded to be automated or done manually.
Thanks Alain. Isn't there any EA which can do this for me?

Hi every one

any success with  "buy limit stop"  "sell limit stop".

we need to be able to place pending order of Sell Stop even when the current price is below our desire Sell Stop level and this order would be trigered when and only when price reached a certain level above the Sell Stop level.

Below uploaded pictures are the concept.

HoMa

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types
  • www.mql5.com
Trading is done by sending orders to open positions using the OrderSend() function, as well as to place, modify or delete pending orders. Each trade order refers to the type of the requested operation. Trading operations are described in the ENUM_TRADE_REQUEST_ACTIONS enumeration...
Reason: