MT5 Play on Mac Avira

I have installed MT5 as my futures broker now supports it. However, Avira doesn't like terminal.exe and just keeps deleting it. The only way I can get it to run is to disable cloud protection in Avira. Not ideal. It was a bitch to install because of this and it took me a while to figure this out for myself. I suspect many would just give up, cos now I have it working I really like it.

I run several instances of mt4 via play on Mac without any issues.

metaweb:

I have installed MT5 as my futures broker now supports it. However, Avira doesn't like terminal.exe and just keeps deleting it. The only way I can get it to run is to disable cloud protection in Avira. Not ideal. It was a bitch to install because of this and it took me a while to figure this out for myself. I suspect many would just give up, cos now I have it working I really like it.

I run several instances of mt4 via play on Mac without any issues.

You should add and exception for MT5 in your antivirus software.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You should add and exception for MT5 in your antivirus software.

Thanks for the suggestion but there is no such setting on the free version. I disabled the heuristic detection, but it still chucked the .exe out The fix is to use a different virus protector, but Avira is the best one for the mac. Or stop being cheap, and pay for the full version as it probably allows you to add it.

have you tried renaming the terminal.exe ?

and why are you using antivirus software on a trade machine ?

Marco vd Heijden:

have you tried renaming the terminal.exe ?

and why are you using antivirus software on a trade machine ?

No, I didn't realise that was possible. And the machine isn't used exclusively for trading.

If it works in mt4, it should work in mt5 yes?

You will have to try.

Marco vd Heijden:

You will have to try.

Tried this today, makes no difference still deletes the .exe Mt4 works fine in the same environment.

I have found the same conclusion.