ordersend() coding help... - page 4

mugged:

My only concern with sending the email after is what if the order triggers and then your connection dies before the mail can be sent...

The other way you have the first mail telling you something is about to trigger, and then the 2nd one confirming the stop modify.

then u have a problem: maybe the order got an error & didn't execute & of course u can't modify an order that doesn't exist

mugged:

Raptor, I like this idea. Ive thought about it in the past but had no idea of how to go about doing it.

What I have right now is just the EA sending an email every hour confirming it is up and running. I would just need some way of checking for that mail and if it doesnt come in then send a warning. Same idea different approach i guess.

You would be OK with an open order with no SL or TP for an hour ?

mugged:

Raptor, I like this idea. Ive thought about it in the past but had no idea of how to go about doing it.

I might have a go at implementing it tomorrow . . . if it works I'll share it.

RaptorUK:
You would be OK with an open order with no SL or TP for an hour ?

no way! the only reason im ok with hourly updates is because i use limit orders which seem to go through fine with sl & tp so i dont have to worry about being stuck in a trade.

the only thing the emails help me do is know if the system is not running... that way i dont miss trades

mugged:

no way! the only reason im ok with hourly updates is because i use limit orders which seem to go through fine with sl & tp so i dont have to worry about being stuck in a trade.

the only thing the emails help me do is know if the system is not running... that way i dont miss trades

Ah, OK, your first post on this thread doesn't show pending orders . . hence my confusion. :-)
Reason: