MQL5 marketplace question

Hello,

I've released a free EA few months ago. Now I would like to add additional features and to make it paid.

But as its main usage is in tester mode, I have to restrict programmatically its features in tester mode, when it is a demo version. This has to be incorporated in the new version. But I guess this new version will replace automatically the version of the current users.

Many people have downloaded it by now, and I apprehend that they will not be able to use it unlimited anymore, as they use it now.

I don't want this to happen, I'd like the already downloaded copies to retain the unlimited functionality.

Is there a way to do so?

Boyan Taksirov:

Hello,

I've released a free EA few months ago. Now I would like to add additional features and to make it paid.

But as its main usage is in tester mode, I have to restrict programmatically its features in tester mode, when it is a demo version. This has to be incorporated in the new version. But I guess this new version will replace automatically the version of the current users.

Many people have downloaded it by now, and I apprehend that they will not be able to use it unlimited anymore, as they use it now.

I don't want this to happen, I'd like the already downloaded copies to retain the unlimited functionality.

Is there a way to do so?

Launch it as a new and separate product!

Fernando Carreiro:

Launch it as a new and separate product!

I thought so, of course.

But in such a case I have to remove the current free version from the market, because it will compete the paid version.

And I would prefer it to stay in my portfolio.

Boyan Taksirov:

I thought so, of course.

But in such a case I have to remove the current free version from the market, because it will compete the paid version.

And I would prefer it to stay in my portfolio.

Did you not say that the paid version will have additional features?

• Free Version with less functionality.
  • Paid version with more functionality.

Fernando Carreiro:

Did you not say that the paid version will have additional features?

• Free Version with less functionality.
  • Paid version with more functionality.

That's right. But these additional features will not present the main functionality, they will be just expansions.

Boyan TaksirovThat's right. But these additional features will not present the main functionality, they will be just expansions.

Maybe someone else can think of something, but currently, I don't see another way!

Fernando Carreiro:

Maybe someone else can think of something, but currently, I don't see another way!

Me too. So, probably it will happen that way.

Reason: