Unable to install purchased EA in MT4

I bought an EA and successfully downloaded an activated it on my PC (Windows 7).

Then I was going to do the same on a VPS (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise). Exactly the same procedure. I log in with my MQL5 account so I can see the EA under Market/Purchased. See attached image. It says "Product is purchased, but not downloaded" and a Install button. When I click the button, nothing happens. There are no error messages in Experts tab.

I tried to copy the file to the data folder manually. The text about the product is purchased but not downloaded disappears, but then there is an error "cannot load ....ex4" when I try to open the EA.

It does not help to run MT4 as administrator.

I have no clue why it fails, please help!

Files:
Capture.PNG  6 kb

I do not remember the limitation for the Market concerning VPS so it may be new limitation.
But from what I know - 

----------------

Support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193992 
and more - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/216552#comment_5833564 

----------------

some more limitation which may be related to your case (and may be - not):

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

32-Bit vs. 64-Bit Operating Systems for MetaTrader5

Renat Fatkhullin, 2017.02.20 19:19

We are fully focused on the exclusion of the 32 bit versions of MT5 programs:

• since July 1, 2017: we will cease to produce 32 bit versions of managerial terminals
  • since July 1, 2017: we will start an active demand to switch all 32 bit versions running on a 64 bit environment
  • since 1 January 2018: completely stop support of all operating systems, which are lower than Windows 7
  • from January 1, 2018: we will cease to update the 32-bit version of client terminals

Support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017
  • www.mql5.com
Support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017 Windows XP was released almost 16 years ago, on 25th of...

Thanks

Besides, you may read the following:

----------------

How to Purchase an Application: Where can I see my purchases? and How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application

How to Purchase an App - Market App Store - MetaTrader 5 Help
How to Purchase an App - Market App Store - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Market features thousands of products for the trading platform. They include trading robots and technical indicators and useful utilities. In addition to purchasing, you can download a variety of free useful applications from the Market. Thousands of products are featured on the Market. This section will help understand the wide range of...

Anyway, you can write to the service desk asking them for advice for example.

great

This has been partly resolved.

I still don't know why it is not possible to install the EA from the Markets tab.

However when I asked the author of the EA to help me it turned out that when I tried to manually copy the EA file I copied it to the wrong directory. I had to select the correct directory from the menu item "Open Data Folder" and place it directly under MQL4/Experts, not MQL4/Experts/Market.

So now it is possible to attach the EA to the chart, but I'm still wondering why it's not possible to install in Markets tab. I have asked the service desk. Maybe the OS is too old or wrong 32/64-bit.

Elias Waldhe: So now it is possible to attach the EA to the chart, but I'm still wondering why it's not possible to install in Markets tab. I have asked the service desk. Maybe the OS is too old or wrong 32/64-bit.

It works just fine on Windows Server 2008 R2. It could just be that your VPS is not properly configured or that some firewall settings are blocking the communications for the download.

Elias Waldhe:

I still don't know why it is not possible to install the EA from the Markets tab.

However when I asked the author of the EA to help me it turned out that when I tried to manually copy the EA file I copied it to the wrong directory. I had to select the correct directory from the menu item "Open Data Folder" and place it directly under MQL4/Experts, not MQL4/Experts/Market.

So now it is possible to attach the EA to the chart, but I'm still wondering why it's not possible to install in Markets tab. I have asked the service desk. Maybe the OS is too old or wrong 32/64-bit.

Also it may be helpful to check permissions of MQL4/Experts and MQL4/Experts/Market in Windows filesystem.

It's still unclear what did you mean here:

Elias Waldhe:

I tried to copy the file to the data folder manually.

What did you do exactly?

anyone find a solution for this problem?....i can't see my purchased product and also any other product under main tab....

Degio Power:
anyone find a solution for this problem?....i can't see my purchased product and also any other product under main tab....

If you are on Windows (because Linux and Mac does not work with the Market) - use the following threads/pages for more information:

----------------

Where can I see my purchases? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page70#comment_2564931  

How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/market_buy 

Market Tab Error, show a blank page and missing option
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/170760

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...
Reason: