When I click to download MT4 it downloads MT5

HI everyone,

I am new to metatrader, and I have heard great things about it and decided to give it 

a try.  

I went to MT4 home page and clicked the box that said "download MT4" ,  however,

it downloads MT5.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?  I have looked and looked for the answer

however, I must be looking in the wrong place.

I have attached screenshots.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Files:
mt4.png  53 kb
mt5.png  7 kb

gagirl:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Yes, you can try download it from your broker side.

I hope you can find MT4 at your broker's website 

Regards,

Yohana •◡•) 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 to MT5

Sergey Golubev, 2016.11.28 12:05

It means that we can not install MT4 from this mql5 portal anymore (MQ will not create new builds for MT4). We need to install MT4 from the brokers' website.
Brokers are still proposing MT4 in usual way so not a problem at all.

read this discussion thread for example.

Sergey Golubev:
MQ will not create new builds for MT4 "

Hi Sergey,

Is that mean, we should prepare all things to MT5 now ?

Thanks

Yohana Parmi:

Hi Sergey,

Is that mean, we should prepare all things to MT5 now ?

Thanks

There were/are some new MT4 builds so MT4 is existing (and will exist I hope).
But MT5 is going to be the leading platform in the future.

For example - I remember the time when everybody started to use MT4 instead of MT3 ... 
But for now - this MT4-to-MT5 changing is going in very low comfortable way (not on a sudden way).

How long will it be possible to sit on Win7?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.05.05 11:43

Considering the transition to the use of WebView2 components for displaying HTML content in MetaTrader 5, we strongly recommend that everyone:

1. Upgrade from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 or Windows 11
  2. Update Windows 10 to at least version 21H2 (build 19044, November 2021 update)

Trite, but I repeat: updating the operating system categorically increases its stability and reduces the number of errors in any software launched on it.

Unfortunately, we are starting to cut down on the capabilities of terminals under Windows 7. There is no longer any reason to support it.

How long will it be possible to sit on Win7?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.05.05 13:45

Anything related to HTML renderings will be disabled.

Further versions on Windows 7/8 will be stopped updating, and then will be stopped being accepted by servers.

Besides, support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017 - according to this thread.

Older versions of MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 will continue to work on these systems, but will not be able to receive updates after 01 October 2017. Also, installers will not run on these operating systems.

------------

more from rus part of the forum - 

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017

Renat Fatkhullin, 2017.09.26 12:20

Of course, all the basic functionality will work until we completely disconnect the work of older versions of terminals. This will happen in the next step, most likely by the summer of 2018.

and this is the explanation (from rus part of the forum):

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Support for Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017

Renat Fatkhullin, 2017.09.26 11:09

Remember the transition to SSE2 - there were also complaints about "why do you force me to throw my hardware out".

On a global scale, it is more important to give the advantages to the bulk of users (in this case they are much more than 95%).

We are unable to use the new libraries and SDK because of support for Windows XP. First we will stop updating the programs for all versions of the operating system below Windows 7 SP1, and then we will simply disable their support on the servers.

--------------------------

The question -

Can we use Windows 7 for Metatrader 5?

The reply -

Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algorithmic trading

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.03.03 14:52

Time will tell how much we will support.

As soon as the share of Windows 7 drops to 2%, we will think about giving up. Old builds will still work in the same way as we support and distribute old 32-bit terminals.

We currently support:

1. old 32-bit terminals in installers, the market is closed for them
  2. 64 bit versions of terminals without AVX, code optimization is limited, the market is working, ONNX is supported
  3. 64 bit with AVX, full optimization, main branch with all features
There are a lot of plans, a cardinal redesign of the terminal interface and strengthening of MQL5 are ahead.

Sergey Golubev:

There were/are some new MT4 builds so MT4 is existing (and will exist I hope).
But MT5 is going to be the leading platform in the future.

For example - I remember the time when everybody started to use MT4 instead of MT3 ... 
But for now - this MT4-to-MT5 changing is going in very low comfortable way (not on a sudden way).

Yes, thank you

but .. after I tried for some long periods till today,
I am now prefer to use MT5

I updated my previous post.

Sergey Golubev:
I updated my previous post.

I hope Windows 7 will always supported, at least for next 3 years :)

because I use it, and not interested to change in near term.

@Yohana Parmi #: I hope Windows 7 will always supported, at least for next 3 years :)because I use it, and not interested to change in near term.
Microsoft themselves, ended Windows 7 support on January 14, 2020.

Since 1 January 2018: completely stop support of all operating systems, which are lower than Windows 7
          32-Bit vs. 64-Bit Operating Systems for MetaTrader 5 (2017)

Windows 7 extended support period begins in January 2020 when Windows 7 support ended officially, and it ends in January 2023 for good.
          New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 (2020)

Reason: