To Moderators and Admin: Problem with SPAM in Private Messages - page 5

Alexander Knyazev: We cannot disclose the details for obvious reasons, but in general now it is much harder post those annoying messages.

OK, thanks! But you should add a "complain" button on PM, otherwise we cannot report abuse very easily as is done on the forum!

Fernando Carreiro:

OK, thanks! But you should add a "complain" button on PM, otherwise we cannot report abuse very easily!

Yes. This is planned for implementation as part of the general overhaul of the complaints feature.

Alexander Knyazev: Yes. This is planned for implementation as part of the general overhaul of the complaints feature.

Also, please consider a similar solution for blogs as the blogs are filled with SPAM and in is not monitored or cleaned-up. It just sits there for ever.

Thank you!

Alexander Knyazev:

• SPAM messages in PM have been deleted, and the situation is under control. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
  • We cannot disclose the details for obvious reasons, but in general now it is much harder to post those annoying messages.

Well, I will repeat it again, because it seems you have something to hide as you deleted my previous post pointing out the same thing:

• The so called "under control" measures are not working and the forum continues to be flooded with SPAM.

So, when MetaQuotes states "We cannot disclose the details for obvious reasons", it seems more like nothing was really effectively accomplished, but instead only the illusion of it!

The spammers can not spam by PM (and for blogs and in the market) if they have zero rating so they are moved their activity to the forum ... they spam the forum to get more rating to make more spam in the market in by PM after that ...

Anyway, it is more related to the forum moderators for now.

In any case an URL filter will stop at least 80% of the spam topics.

Sergey Golubev:

The spammers can not spam by PM (and for blogs and in the market) if they have zero rating so they are moved their activity to the forum ... they spam the forum to get more rating to make more spam in the market in by PM after that ...

Anyway, it is more related to the forum moderators for now.

Marco vd Heijden:

In any case an URL filter will stop at least 80% of the spam topics.

Thank you Sergey and Marco for your response. I just feel that MetaQuotes is not doing enough and that if they really wanted to minimize SPAM, they could have implemented some of ideas that were put forward here and what I described to the ServiceDesk.

Day by day I feel more disillusioned by MetaQuotes and I also find that the MetaTrader platform also continues to evolve in a direction that ignores users interests.

I am seriously now contemplating transitioning away from MetaTrader, which is a pity, because I have grown fond of it, but at some point I have to make a decision of what is best for me!

You do that and it's your own decision... I have seen many come and go.

But know that i am personally way past the point you are describing there.

The only thing i can say is, don't worry and keep things simple as they are.

As Sergey pointed out, they are working on solutions but they won't happen overnight.

So i guess we have to make the best of it for now.

I am on strike as moderator !!!

It seems Fernando is right. Nothing is done. The forum is flooded with spam from people just subscribing, with 0 rating. Doesn't seem difficult to me to add some rules like

if today-subscribe<X or ratingPoints<Y then "no way to post".

I won't delete spam anymore.

(I don't have any issue in private message, just a spam/advertising from time to time, nothing serious).

It has become the morning routine to clean the board while im on my first coffee.

But i noticed i was still cleaning the board while on my second coffee so indeed it's getting worse.

Reason: