Signal subscriptions and continuity

I just published my paid signal.

If someone decides to subscribe and pay me the price - what kind of obligations do I have for the subscriber?

What if I want to pause my signal? Or cancel it for good?

Jere Katainen:

I just published my paid signal.

If someone decides to subscribe and pay me the price - what kind of obligations do I have for the subscriber?

Read the signal rules: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules

Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
The "Signals" section on MQL5.com is designed to monitor trading results and transmit trading signals based on buy/sell transactions performed in the trading account of the Signals Provider. The "Signals" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Signals...

Jere Katainen: I just published my paid signal.

Don't you think you should have informed yourself of those things before providing a signal service?

Also, did you not read the Rules and Terms of the service?

specifically the section (but not only) ...

Signal Takedowns

1. Your Takedowns. You may remove Your Signals from future distribution via the Signals Service at any time, notifying the Signals Service Administration by e-mail 7 days prior to such removal, but You must comply with this Agreement and the Payment Processor's Payment Account terms of service, including but not limited to refund requirements. Removal of Signals from future distribution via the Signals Service shall not affect the license rights of Subscribers who have previously purchased the Subscription to Your Signals.

Thank you!

My signal provider cancelled my subscription and I see none of his signal are availble anymore for subscription.  Are the signal provders allowed to do that?

Now I am left with open trades and will surely lose money.  What is the point of subscribing to signals if they keep pulling them off MQL5.

I am sure all the other cleints are  crying as well.  Are they legally allowed to do this?

Henry7571:

My signal provider cancelled my subscription and I see none of his signal are availble anymore for subscription.  Are the signal provders allowed to do that?

Now I am left with open trades and will surely lose money.  What is the point of subscribing to signals if they keep pulling them off MQL5.

I am sure all the other cleints are  crying as well.  Are they legally allowed to do this?

Everything is written on the Rules of Using the Signals Service, for example - 

Provider may terminate the Signal operation through the standard procedure by giving a relevant notice to the "Signals" service Administration at least one week prior to the expiration of the current Subscription period. If the Signal does not have any Subscriber, the Signal will be removed immediately at the Provider's request.

In case of early termination of the Signal operation, the payments received from Subscribers for the current Subscription period will not be credited to the Provider's account.

In case of violation of "Signals" service Terms of Use, the Provider's account will be blocked and all financial transactions on it suspended.

--------------

And this is my opinion - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

Sergey Golubev, 2019.06.10 07:21

You can contact with the signal provider asking for his support with the situation.

----------------

Some tips - 

• Do not subscribe to the signal provider who is losing money.
  • If you subscribe to the signal similar to scalping - use same broker (same with the signal provider) and MQL5 VPS for example.
  • There is one rule which some people follows: subscribe to signal provider you know in person or you know him by activity on the forum.
  • Do not subscribe to the signal with already opened positions (wait when the positions will be closed for provider, or choose the other signal) - "It is not advisable to begin copying a signal with open positions - wait for the signal to close all positions and then synchronize with it" - post  #5.

Henry7571:

A signal provider cannot delete a signal while having open positions, so if the signal was deleted and your subscription was cancelled, it should have closed the open trades in order to do that.

If your trades are still open, probably you weren't properly synchronized.

They only thing you can do now is to close these positions manually.

Reason: