How to disable the price bar pop-up window

Big "Hello" to the whole community!

I would like to know if there is a function in mql5 to disable these little pop-up windows appearing if the mouse moves over price bars (see attachment).

Regards
leira

Files:

leira:

Big "Hello" to the whole community!

I would like to know if there is a function in mql5 to disable these little pop-up windows appearing if the mouse moves over price bars (see attachment).

Regards
leira

Welcome to mql5.com forum,

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to disabled this pop-up.

Then the question changes:

I would like to use the main chart window for an indicator without plotting the price bars. I set the colors of the price bars to the background color. That would be ok but these little pop-up windows still appear.

What would be a practicable approach? Do I have to open an additional sub-window? (Originally, I tried to avoid opening additional windows for this indicator)

leira:

Then the question changes:

I would like to use the main chart window for an indicator without plotting the price bars. I set the colors of the price bars to the background color. That would be ok but these little pop-up windows still appear.

What would be a practicable approach? Do I have to open an additional sub-window? (Originally, I tried to avoid opening additional windows for this indicator)

A chart is always drawn on the main chart, you can only hide it as far as I know. So yes, you probably have to use a subwindow.

Though, if the vertical axis isn't too important for you can set max/min scale in a way that the chart is completely outside the window, so the pop-up won't show.

I think I will stick with the main window and set new values for the vertical axis. That keeps things simple for the user and I still would have the possibility to "switch on" the price chart if I would like to.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

leira:

I think I will stick with the main window and set new values for the vertical axis. That keeps things simple for the user and I still would have the possibility to "switch on" the price chart if I would like to.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

You are welcome.

For those who are interested, here is the code. I set a fixed scale just at the price zero-line with a price range of one tick:

double tickSize = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(), SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE);
ChartSetInteger(chartID, CHART_SCALEFIX, true);
ChartSetDouble(chartID, CHART_FIXED_MAX, tickSize);
ChartSetDouble(chartID, CHART_FIXED_MIN, 0.0);

leira:

For those who are interested, here is the code. I set a fixed scale just at the price zero-line with a price range of one tick:

Interesting, thx for sharing.
Reason: