EA with vps

Hi, I'm very new to all of this,

I don't know it when I'm running bots in the vps (and its doing trading while having opend orders), and I configure a new templete and synchronize it, those orders that where opened before, the will get under control of the new template or I should close them manually because the bot is not looking after them?

I think - it is same situation as in your Metatrader for example. If you want for those orders to be opened so keep them, if not - close.
Because as I understand - MQL4 VPS for MT4/MT5 is just the copy of your Metatrader in cloud.

If I am wrong so sorry.

Hi,

first of all sorry, because I've noticed that I haven't put the thread in the correct fórum, I use mt4, and I'm starting to use EA with vps, the problema is when the vps had orders opened, mean while, I in the mt4, loaded another template (with more graphs and bots), but something weard happend, and I didn't see the message saying that all was correct, I saw that the memory ram was at 0 (vps), so I tried to do this several times, till it gave the message (during all that time, orders where open, and eaven more orders opened from my mt4 (becuase Im not shure if the vps knows to do always autotrade or first I have to hit it and then syncronize), eventually, when it syncronized, I had opened several orders, and I didn't know if the bots new that they where of them (for sl o tp), so, because of my ignorance, I closed all....... and waited for the vps to send new orders.

So please, explain me if:

1º) what happens with opened orders while syncronizing with new graphs and bots

2) do i have to have in auto trading my mt4 to syncronize so that vps knows that I whant it autotrading

3) what do I do when error ocure when syncronizing

thanks

jsgaston:

Hi,

first of all sorry, because I've noticed that I haven't put the thread in the correct fórum, I use mt4, and I'm starting to use EA with vps, the problema is when the vps had orders opened, mean while, I in the mt4, loaded another template (with more graphs and bots), but something weard happend, and I didn't see the message saying that all was correct, I saw that the memory ram was at 0 (vps), so I tried to do this several times, till it gave the message (during all that time, orders where open, and eaven more orders opened from my mt4 (becuase Im not shure if the vps knows to do always autotrade or first I have to hit it and then syncronize), eventually, when it syncronized, I had opened several orders, and I didn't know if the bots new that they where of them (for sl o tp), so, because of my ignorance, I closed all....... and waited for the vps to send new orders.

So please, explain me if:

1º) what happens with opened orders while syncronizing with new graphs and bots

2) do i have to have in auto trading my mt4 to syncronize so that vps knows that I whant it autotrading

3) what do I do when error ocure when syncronizing

thanks

I am not a big expert in VPS sorry (there are the members of this forum who are more professional with it) but from what I understand is the following (if we are talking about MQL5 VPS for example):

1. It will be same as in your Metatrader. Will the orders be opened in your Metatrader? Closed after some time?  Closed by take profit or stop loss? or close by the other bot?
If yes so it will be same with VPS ... I think ...

2. auto trading is always ON on VPS (MQL5 VPS is having autotrading to be 'on').So, if you attach EA to the chart in your MT4 and synchronize - this EA will trade in VPS (because autotrading is ON on VPS).

3. I do not know.
But I think - this small thread may help you with some ideas for example:

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS? :

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.07.20 12:21

When you synchronize, you synchronize all EAs together, so yes you have to upload the final settings for all EAs each time you make an adjustment to one of them.

I myself keep all the latest EA settings on the charts of my local MT4 platform (in my computer) and when I make an adjustment, I synchronize again with the VPS for all of them.

thanks, it helped a lot

Hello, my name is Alex,
I have an MT4-account with a VPS.   Before I synchronize it I always set the  Button 'AutoTrading'  in MT4 to green(=active). After  synchronizing 
always the Button 'AutoTrading' is red. Must I let this as it is, or must I set it to green (=active)?

weicht2:
Hello, my name is Alex,
I have an MT4-account with a VPS.   Before I synchronize it I always set the  Button 'AutoTrading'  in MT4 to green(=active). After  synchronizing 
always the Button 'AutoTrading' is red. Must I let this as it is, or must I set it to green (=active)?

When you use MQL5 VPS the EA trading is performed on the virtual server, so after migration you don't need to click the Auto Trading button again.

Eleni Anna Branou:

When you use MQL5 VPS the EA trading is performed on the virtual server, so after migration you don't need to click the Auto Trading button again.

Thank you, Eleni for your fast answer. The problem is, the EA I want use is only available for MT4!

best regards,

Alex

Reason: