Mt4 vps not taking expert advisory auto trading

Hello , i recently tried a VPS server by mt4 and sync my charts over to the VPS. After letting it run for hours the VPS did not auto trade by itself. Anyone knows the issue to it?

If you are about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so the autotrading is always ON in VPS.
I mean: you do not need to make autotrading to be on in your Metatrader, you need just attach EA to the chart (EA must not use any dll because VPS is not accepting dll), and synchronize it.

So I am using an Expert Adviser - I am running a MT4 platform and have now subscribed to VPS. I noticed that  the VPS is MQL5. My intentions and idea was that the Expert Adviser should be installed on my labtop and from there I would initialize the trades. Then updating the VPS and thereby transferring the trades and EA setting to the VPS. Do you think this is the way it works ?

Best regards

Henrik

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

Exas:

So I am using an Expert Adviser - I am running a MT4 platform and have now subscribed to VPS. I noticed that  the VPS is MQL5. My intentions and idea was that the Expert Adviser should be installed on my labtop and from there I would initialize the trades. Then updating the VPS and thereby transferring the trades and EA setting to the VPS. Do you think this is the way it works ?

Best regards

Henrik

By using MQL5 VPS, your working environment (charts + EAs) is migrated to the virtual server and trading is done from there and not locally.

That's the whole point of using a VPS service anyway, to avoid internet and power outages and also improve your trade execution speed.

Sergey Golubev:
If you are about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so the autotrading is always ON in VPS.
I mean: you do not need to make autotrading to be on in your Metatrader, you need just attach EA to the chart (EA must not use any dll because VPS is not accepting dll), and synchronize it.
Do I need to turn on the EA before sync? How do i know if the EA is on or not inside of the VPS?

luckyray88:
Do I need to turn on the EA before sync? How do i know if the EA is on or not inside of the VPS?

You can prepare your metatrader's environment on the way as you are going to use it now for trading. And after that- synchronize with MQL5 VPS.
And check MQL5 VPS journal/logs about what were synchronized and so on.

missing signal trades
missing signal trades
  • www.mql5.com
I have been subscribed to a signal for 1 month and up until now have had only 2 trades have been made on my account...
Reason: