afl indicator - page 2

There are a lot of indicators on the forum so anyone can use search to find something - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How can I search for indicators and other elements in this forum?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.05.29 05:24

To search?
It is very easy: type something (what you need) in the search area (top right coprner of the page) and search.

Sergey Golubev:

And the last one I found - 

Thanks New Digital for your detailed reply,help trading community :)

Maybe I explained wrong and apologize to the bad English. Unfortunately there are many sharks here that only ask for money but do not care much if the product is functional or not. Meanwhile I wanted to see if the indicator that does not repaint, whether it can be a good trading system or not. . . just this. When I posted the job right away someone asked for money without even knowing if the indicator could work for live trading. However, thanks to the guys who have a chance to help

Luca Credico: Maybe I explained wrong and apologize to the bad English. Unfortunately there are many sharks here that only ask for money but do not care much if the product is functional or not. Meanwhile I wanted to see if the indicator that does not repaint, whether it can be a good trading system or not. . . just this. When I posted the job right away someone asked for money without even knowing if the indicator could work for live trading. However, thanks to the guys who have a chance to help

That is the whole point of the Freelance section - to exchange Services for Money! When you place a Job request, it is not the developer's responsibility to know if it will be profitable or not. That is your responsibility. Their only responsibility is to properly do the job as per your exact specifications.

Your job request was for converting AFL code into MQL, so it is absolutely obvious that the developers that submitted an application for your job would quote you a Price for doing the job. I was one of those who submitted an application, and for reasons I explained, I quoted you a much higher price than what you offered.

Even if your job request had been only to know if it repaints or not, or if it was profitable or not, that would still require the applicant to convert it first for back testing or in the very least do research and back-testing on the original format. So the end result would be the same - you would still need to have paid for the research to be done for you. You can't just expect someone to just have a quick look at 2000 lines of code and immediately know if it is profitable or not.

Also, as I explained and yet you persist in not understanding this - it is not a simple Indicator. It is a full pledged "trading algo" using more than a dozen indicators and specialized analysis. I even listed all the indicators used in my original job application, so you could have easily done some homework of your own and checked if any of the indicators listed were repainting indicators or not. You could even had opened a dialog with me, or the other applicants and asked more questions or explained things, but instead you chose to delete the job request and try your luck at "free" help.

EDIT: On a side note, here is a little story, so you will understand beter what the developers face when dealing with customers. Very recently I applied for a job request and in my presentation I informed the customer that his strategy was flawed and that it was not profitable and that I could help him correct the problems first before coding. His answer was that he knew better than me even though he had no trading experience and no coding knowledge. He told me straight out that he would not discuss it further and that he would take it up with another coder because I was "obviously not qualified" do to the job for him. So you see, even when it is not our responsibility to do so, when we do care and do try to help and show the customer what is profitable or not, they tell us that we are not worthy coders/traders.

ok. I think this conversation started in the wrong way. I had no intention of offending the programmers here. it is a general discourse that many programmers take advantage of a bit and believe I threw lots of money into programs that then turned out to be unworkable and too complicated to write and run in live trading .... meanwhile, however, a lot of money early ahead. So now you have to excuse me if I'm a bit angry, but I also thank you for being the niche to answer and give your point of view.

Returning to the AFL indicator I think it is not a type that repaint and I also believe it can make excellent results if it turned it into MT4. Do you think anyone could share the expense? Can you please tell me the right section to make this request? Thanks again

Luca Credico: ok. I think this conversation started in the wrong way. I had no intention of offending the programmers here. it is a general discourse that many programmers take advantage of a bit and believe I threw lots of money into programs that then turned out to be unworkable and too complicated to write and run in live trading .... meanwhile, however, a lot of money early ahead. So now you have to excuse me if I'm a bit angry, but I also thank you for being the niche to answer and give your point of view.
Returning to the AFL indicator I think it is not a type that repaint and I also believe it can make excellent results if it turned it into MT4. Do you think anyone could share the expense? Can you please tell me the right section to make this request? Thanks again
  1. If you are looking for someone with high degree of coding ability to convert it for you for free, then I think you will not find it.
  2. If you are looking for a amateur coder that does not have too much experience in either coding or trading and willing to convert it for you as a shared experience, then maybe you will find someone, but the end result will not work too well.

However, why don't you just contact the original author (or the original source of the file) and ask them if it is profitable or not?

Or alternatively, get the trail version of AmiBroker software and back test it yourself.

And I repeat again and again. It is NOT an Indicator! It is a trading system equivalent to an Expert Advisor in MetaTrader terms. It is NOT an Indicator. I repeat IT IS NOT AN INDICATOR!

Reason: