Is it possible to develop any trading strategy to become profitable? - page 8

Michele Manenti:
No trading system can be profitable in time for the mere fact that in the trade there is no fixed rule, often the markets undergo manipulations in cycles and precisely in these phases the robots are no longer able to operate.

Would you say (anyone) that a mathematical equation would give you a greater chance of winning trades. An equation in a created EA that would read a graph No matter which pairs in Forex and execute and close your order once( in profit) certain parameters are met.

is this the holly grail we are all looking for.

XXXDOMXXX:

Would you say (anyone) that a mathematical equation would give you a greater chance of winning trades. An equation in a created EA that would read a graph No matter which pairs in Forex and execute and close your order once( in profit) certain parameters are met.

is this the holly grail we are all looking for.

If you asking math then the only option is time and price movement this will apply on any pairs any symbol without any indicator complex

It is possible, i started 2015, never lost an account, profitable from my first EA till now. It's just a matter of finding an edge! My stratgy has only ~54% win rate and winners are just little better then loosers, but that's already enough :)  I like sasonals and i hate sl/tp, i nearly only use timestops, they are much better in terms of slippage. Just my 2 Cents

my personal experience is creating ur strategy into robot is useful but u cannot let it run 24 hours  sooner or later it end up in a mess i use robots according to the conditions which i see fit

Isaak: i hate sl

No SL, no defined risk.

Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the pair.
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5=0.1 Lots maximum.

Michael Ampadu:

True but then the initial idea was not yours, also, the underlying principles might not have changed much. It becomes yours after modification but the fact still stands that it was someone elses strategy that you modified.

Yes, but if you have modified the strategy, you have understood and agreed with its principles. Otherwise you couldn't modify it, because you wouldn't know what to modify.

So, you have adopted the system and have made it yours.

whroeder1:

No SL, no defined risk.

i use emergency stops, but nearly all trades get closed by my timestops first (in profit or loss, doesn't matter) 

And i tell you something, all what you can read/learn whereever you go... 90%+ is rubish :)  

Many peoples created good strategies they face only problem EA cannot work well in all seasons, there many factors involve but with topic title test this EA 

if it can work in all seasons....

Test without Visual Mood

Best 

Files:
Tower.ex4  54 kb
Reason: