What are the differences between MT4 and MT5 platform, is their really a necessity to migrate? - page 2

mrluck012:

metatrader 4 is the best platform a trader will ever need if you use technical analysis 

"640KB Memory is all we ever need" - Bill Gates. 

mrluck012:

metatrader 5 has offline charts? no

Offline-chart for MT5.

Symbol
Symbol
  • votes: 16
  • fxsaber
  • www.mql5.com
Библиотека для работы с обычными и кастомными символами

i was forgetting, in metatrader 4 you can use history center to download any symbol historical data, or create a csv with it, that's an amazing feature, that mt5 lacks completely, and offline chartsare very usefull, you can paint you own candles, on your own time, on metatrader 5 you can only work with what the broker gives you. A trading platform like metatrader 4 can't be replaced, because it's stable,you  can compare it with windows 7, it doesn't force you to do things on your machine, yet windows 10 just keep getting worse and worse,  i can use windows 7 in 100 years from now, and i will trust it to do the job. I can also use metatrader 4 100 years in the future, i think i still will be able to make money creating EA's. Its like a coca-cola, 100 years from now you can rest assured people will still  drink it 

mrluck012:

i was forgetting, in metatrader 4 you can use history center to download any symbol historical data, or create a csv with it, that's an amazing feature, that mt5 lacks completely, and offline chartsare very usefull, you can paint you own candles, on your own time, on metatrader 5 you can only work with what the broker gives you. A trading platform like metatrader 4 can't be replaced, because it's stable,you  can compare it with windows 7, it doesn't force you to do things on your machine, yet windows 10 just keep getting worse and worse,  i can use windows 7 in 100 years from now, and i will trust it to do the job. I can also use metatrader 4 100 years in the future, i think i still will be able to make money creating EA's. Its like a coca-cola, 100 years from now you can rest assured people will still  drink it 

Even though I prefer MT4 for my own personal reasons, I have to defend MT5 because most of what you say is completely wrong! You have no idea what you are saying!

You have very limited experience with MT4 and have almost no experienced at all with MT5, yet you bark out the most ignorant things which you know nothing about.

You are a blind man trying to lead the other blind.

Please stop trying to "brag" about your knowledge and experience which clearly does not exist!

The way I look at it, MT5 was created to bring more benefits for traders both for developer and technical aspects as well, there are obvious advantages in MT5 yet most traders are hesitant to migrate to MT5, maybe because traders do not see a necessity to do it,  after all both platforms are just a tool for traders to be able to participate in the market and they have no direct effect to trader's profitability.

1- mt5 no history center- on mql4 i can download data from several sources, even rare stock charts, and evaluate them. I can also export to csv any chart on metatrader 4

2- mt5 cant use offline charts- mt 4 can- what's the deal about offline charts? a- i want to create a 3 minute timeframe, that begin to count on 00:02:00, i can. On metatrader 5 all of them begin to count on 00:00 and that can create very different charts. b- i can convert to create a timeframe that i want, you know broker vary a lot on this  c- i can work with renko charts,   d-  can create exotic timeframes like 46 minutes, and so on   e- you can work with other platforms, importing data and creating your chart

3- mt5 has very complicated trade functions, on mt4 they are easy. 

4- mt5 has 3000 free indicators, metatrader 4 more than 9000! 

5- mt5 is just like windows 10 it forces you to do things, you click download metatrader 4 and then what do you see: metatrader 5 installed. that's unacceptable, they treated us like fools

6- on trading you need stability, it takes time to learn things like to code, etc, metatrader 5 doesn't even have a free book, like mql4

you dont need: a-  use metatrader to create graphic video benchmarks b- use more than 4 gb of ram to trade  c- market depth or real volume, because on forex you'll never know for sure, and market depth on metatrader 5 isn't as good as other platforms, its's not useful because the price itself contains what you need to trade. 

Download the MetaTrader 5 platform for trading on financial markets
  • www.metatrader5.com
Free MetaTrader 5 applications for Windows, iOS and Android devices for trading on financial markets.

1- mt5 no history center- on mql4 i can download data from several sources, even rare stock charts, and evaluate them. I can also export to csv any chart on metatrader 4

So called history center is more advanced in MT5 compare with MT4 for example:

• www.metatrader5.com
Free MetaTrader 5 applications for Windows, iOS and Android devices for trading on financial markets.

2- mt5 cant use offline charts- mt 4 can- what's the deal about offline charts? a- i want to create a 3 minute timeframe, that begin to count on 00:02:00, i can. On metatrader 5 all of them begin to count on 00:00 and that can create very different charts. b- i can convert to create a timeframe that i want, you know broker vary a lot on this  c- i can work with renko charts,   d-  can create exotic timeframes like 46 minutes, and so on   e- you can work with other platforms, importing data and creating your chart

You can import data in MT5 (and you create your own symbols in MT5 for example) - see the link above.

Did you count?
:)

Number of free indicators is just a matter of time.

5- mt5 is just like windows 10 it forces you to do things, you click download metatrader 4 and then what do you see: metatrader 5 installed. that's unacceptable, they treated us like fools

You can download and install MT4 from the brokers.

As to MT5 so MQ is supporting this version of the platform more than MT4 for example.

• www.metatrader5.com

Can you please apologize for your public lies?

Many people are using MT4 (may be - they are majority) ... but if you start to speak like that ("they treated us like fools") making the MQ to be responsible for something so please - be responsible for your words first.

mrluck012:

3- mt5 has very complicated trade functions, on mt4 they are easy. 

6- on trading you need stability, it takes time to learn things like to code, etc, metatrader 5 doesn't even have a free book, like mql4

you dont need: a-  use metatrader to create graphic video benchmarks b- use more than 4 gb of ram to trade  c- market depth or real volume, because on forex you'll never know for sure, and market depth on metatrader 5 isn't as good as other platforms, its's not useful because the price itself contains what you need to trade. 

Every single point you reference is currently absolutely false! As I said before, you don't know what you are talking about, so stop trying to impress! Your ignorance is only making you look bad!

Reason: