limitation on the total number of orders on real accounts

dear friends,

hope you're all doing great

I want to ask is there any limitation on the number of orders (opened and pending) that is set by the mt4 platform ?

I heard from one of the broker's relationship manager that the max number of orders that you can put on a real account on the MT4 platform is 1000 orders. is this statement correct ?

thanking in advance,

I believe that the maximum number of open orders is set by the broker so it can differ from one broker to another.

Keith Watford:

I believe that the maximum number of open orders is set by the broker so it can differ from one broker to another.

you mean there would be no limitation from the MT4 platform at all ?!

parham.trader: you mean there would be no limitation from the MT4 platform at all ?!
  1. Why would there be? It has to be able to handle all brokers.
  2. Reality, is every order opened takes margin. A $10,000 account with 10 orders at 0.01 lots has no free margin. So why do you care?

Keith Watford:

Keith is correct, it is set by your broker and is usually around 100-200. Most brokers list the max number in their terms & conditions

Is there any code to get the maximum number of orders that is permitted by the broker to place?

parham.trader:

Is there any code to get the maximum number of orders that is permitted by the broker to place?

Only for pending orders. Please check the documentation.

parham.trader:

As Alain said, there is only the possibility of checking max pending orders allowed (ACCOUNT_LIMIT_ORDERS) but so far, I've used this on several brokers as I've found that they set this to the same as their Max orders. But use with caution as it's technically not what it is designed for.

Stuart Browne:

As Alain said, there is only the possibility of checking max pending orders allowed (ACCOUNT_LIMIT_ORDERS) but so far, I've used this on several brokers as I've found that they set this to the same as their Max orders. But use with caution as it's technically not what it is designed for.

Thank you so much for your kind guidance

parham.trader:

Thank you so much for your kind guidance

Welcome mate :)

Reason: