Renko EA

What means " EmulateOnLineChart" in a renko EA ? 
Whats the difference to set it on true or false ?

EA slows MT4 down when using 2 pip box sizes 

what can i do about this ?

The thread about Renko EA (opened 6 days ago) - here 

Sergey Golubev:

The thread about Renko EA (opened 6 days ago) - here 

This is my own thread what is your the problem ? <edited by moderator>

Johannes Jilles van Duijn:

We are trying to avoid multiplication of threads on similar subject.

Anyway you will need to explain about what Renko EA you are talking about ?

Marco vd Heijden:

Renko can be generated on an offline chart.

This is done because the bricks are time independent and they are not connected to the timescale.

All bricks will have equal sizes.

In the other case Renko can be drawn on an online chart, but this will mean that the brick size (horizontally) will vary with time, because the chart also moves on over time.

It's a visualization technique and not really needed to create an EA.

I know i trade renko for 5 years now but you are not reading the Question

Both Renko EA's  slowdown MT4 when trading small boxsizes

I have 6 renko charts on every profile 

Johannes Jilles van Duijn:

Just found this CodeBase link in your profile: Renko Live Charts v4.13 - expert for MetaTrader 4 

And updated version in the discussion - RenkoLiveChart_v600.4 coded by Stanislav Korotky and attached to this comment and having the following settings:

extern int RenkoBoxSize = 10;

extern int RenkoBoxOffset = 0;

extern int RenkoTimeFrame = 4; // What time frame to use for the offline renko chart

extern bool ShowWicks = true;

extern bool EmulateOnLineChart = true;

extern bool StrangeSymbolName = false;

I think - you should ask Stanislav Korotky about EmulateOnLineChart, or the coders here may help (I am not a coder sorry).

PS. I just see your post above ...

Sergey Golubev:

Just found this CodeBase link in your profile: Renko Live Charts v4.13 - expert for MetaTrader 4 

And updated version in the discussion - RenkoLiveChart_v600.4 coded by Stanislav Korotky and attached to this comment and having the following settings:

I think - you should ask Stanislav Korotky about EmulateOnLineChart, or the coders here may help (I am not a coder sorry).

PS. I just see your post above ...

Thanks 

EmulateOnLineChart does what it name implies - it controls whether EA should "ask" terminal to accept new artificial "ticks" written by EA into renko symbol file.

When it's true - you get online chart with renko which updates dynamically and can even host a normal EA for trading.

When it's false - you get offline chart, to view new boxes you need to update it manually via Refresh.

Of course, this EA consumes some resources, so it's not surprise that the more copies you setup the slower they work. Choose a reasonable limit. It will depend from your hardware. From what you say I'd suggest to not use more than 2-3 copies simultaneously.

Stanislav Korotky:

EmulateOnLineChart does what it name implies - it controls whether EA should "ask" terminal to accept new artificial "ticks" written by EA into renko symbol file.

When it's true - you get online chart with renko which updates dynamically and can even host a normal EA for trading.

When it's false - you get offline chart, to view new boxes you need to update it manually via Refresh.

Of course, this EA consumes some resources, so it's not surprise that the more copies you setup the slower they work. Choose a reasonable limit. It will depend from your hardware. From what you say I'd suggest to not use more than 2-3 copies simultaneously.

Thanks !

Reason: