About MT4 - what is the name and location of a file containing account history?

Hello

About MT4 - what is the name and location of a file that contain account history -> closed orders, canceled orders, balance withdrawals, etc. ?

1. Wherever it is/whatever it's name (config\server.ini I think) it's a binary file, you can't read it.
  2. Create a report. Bring it up in your browser. Cut and paste what you want.
  3. Write a script/search codebase to read history and output a file.

I dont need to read the file.

There was some accident on my computer - I had to reinstall windows. Then I reinstalled the MT4.

After entering my account login information I have an access to my account again, but all history of my trades has gone.

I still have some backup of files before the accident, but I dont know what exactly to copy to new platform.

MT4 fetches account history from the server.

Check the filter on the account history tab:

• right-click inside the account history tab
  • click "All history"
You should see all transactions ever executed on the account.

OMG! It really works!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Drazen Penic:

MT4 fetches account history from the server.

Check the filter on the account history tab:

• right-click inside the account history tab
  • click "All history"
You should see all transactions ever executed on the account.

Only if the broker doesn't remove old history, which is happening with some brokers even on a real account.

Alain Verleyen:

Only if the broker doesn't remove old history, which is happening with some brokers even on a real account.

Deleting old transactions is understandable for demo accounts, but for real accounts?
How much can it cost them to keep one million of transactions? 1GB in extra disk space?
Is there any reasonable explanation for deleting real accounts history?

Anyway, if broker deletes history on the server, there is no way to retrieve it.  

Drazen Penic:

Deleting old transactions is understandable for demo accounts, but for real accounts?
How much can it cost them to keep one million of transactions? 1GB in extra disk space?
Is there any reasonable explanation for deleting real accounts history?

Anyway, if broker deletes history on the server, there is no way to retrieve it.  

I know, but I experienced it, without any doubt.

Usually it's in their terms something like, we keep the data at least one year or so.

I can understand it they want smooth fast servers with as little as storage load as possible.

Without old clutter... and of course all these historic records will increase the size of their backup and backup time many fold so i agree with it.

I flush my system every month.

Marco vd Heijden:

Usually it's in their terms something like, we keep the data at least one year or so.

I can understand it they want smooth fast servers with as little as storage load as possible.

Without old clutter... and of course all these historic records will increase the size of their backup and backup time many fold so i agree with it.

I flush my system every month.

Gee, idea that financial institution is deleting records in order to keep the computer system maintainable seems really weird: "We run your money, but to keep hard disk expenses low, we'll delete your data".

<nitpickingANDspeculation>

One order has about 15 fields, 2 of them strings, rest numeric. Comment field is restricted to about 60 characters, and if it uses two bytes per character, one order requires at most 250 bytes.

If we add 6 database indices per record (arbitrary number), storage requirements are somewhere around 333 bytes per one transaction. It means we can store 3 transactions in 1 kilobyte.

=> 3.000 transactions in 1 Mb => 3.000.000 transactions in 1 Gb => 3.000.000.000 transactions in 1 Tb (3 billion transactions)

Now, any self-respectful database has something called "incremental backup" which allows you to backup only records which are modified after the last backup. Run it every hour or two and you have fast backups. 

One might expect that broker with 3.000.000 transactions a year can afford one or two tech guys and few gigs of disk space for backups. 

</nitpickingANDspeculation>

Reason: