Quick question about this EA

Hey all, be gentle I'm a noob,

I started backtesting the UniversalMACrossEA by firedave, codersguru, and pengie and I love it. I feel I have found decent settings that produce a very high profit margin.

That being said, there is one trade that is stumping me. It creates a sell order when the EMA's cross down, like it's supposed to, but then closes the order at a higher price than when it started the trade, where if it would have waited a few more hours, it would have profited. There is no stop loss set and the trailing stop doesn't affect the trade at all, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it did that one trade. I don't have any time rules set (I don't think).

I will upload the mq4 file and some screenshots so you can see what I mean. I got this mq4 file of firedave's from another forum highlighting it was given out for free so I don't think I'm in violation of any rules.

Anyone familiar with this EA or just wanting to lend a helping hand I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks very much,

Hi. If you want this question answered properly, then you would need to provide the exact settings you were using when this happened (ex. save a .set file). The EA has multiple methods for closing out orders. If it is not the right hour then a trade will close. There are also StopAndReverse, PureSAR and ExitOnCross settings that would also close orders. So the exact settings are needed.

The code provided has the exact settings I'm using already. Thanks for the assistance.

It seems like the trade was closed out on June 22, 2012 which was a Friday. So the EA closed the trade out before the weekend came. The EA is programmed to do this even if the UseHourTrade is false.

Do I have egg on my face? Lol thanks very much for the quick answer. I will try disabling that feature and see if that helps my results. This is a pretty profitable EA thus far. $270+ in 2 months from a starting deposit of 500. Can't complain there.

No problem at all and glad to be of help.

Hey all,

Sorry to bug again but I still have a problem with this EA (see code in first post).

I have a screenshot here showing that my original issue doesn't involve the "Close all open trades at 23:00 on Fridays" part. Any other ideas you can think of? Thanks a million.

Files:
backtest2.jpg  107 kb
Reason: